autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Those who have used Poorboy's Trim Restorer and Ultima Trim and Tire Guard, question...

Which do you feel restores *faded* trim better?
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Those who have used Poorboy's Trim Restorer and Ultima Trim and Tire Guard, question...

Poorboys IMHO! Gives a darker deeper look! But it runs in the rain!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Those who have used Poorboy's Trim Restorer and Ultima Trim and Tire Guard, question...

Mark,

I've tried Poorboy's World Trim Restorer and really like the results. It's clear and goes on easily. It really does a nice job restoring faded plastics to a rich even look.

Meguiar's Ultimate Protectant is another trim product I like. This product is creamy, goes on easily, and produces a nice rich luster.

Ultima Tire and Trim Guard Plus+

I ordered it on Saturday so I suspect it's in route to me. I can't say how it works as I have not tested it but from what I hear it works well too.

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

I have had no problems with poorboys TR running on the rain, and I'm completely sold on it. It even removed some old wax from the trim.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyG View Post
    Mark,

I've tried Poorboy's World Trim Restorer and really like the results. It's clear and goes on easily. It really does a nice job restoring faded plastics to a rich even look.

Meguiar's Ultimate Protectant is another trim product I like. This product is creamy, goes on easily, and produces a nice rich luster.

Ultima Tire and Trim Guard Plus+

I ordered it on Saturday so I suspect it's in route to me. I can't say how it works as I have not tested it but from what I hear it works well too.
    Thanks, Bobby. I'm curious to know your thoughts on UTTG.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ROMEO View Post
    I have had no problems with poorboys TR running on the rain, and I'm completely sold on it. It even removed some old wax from the trim.

I did have a problem with it running on textured plastic.....maybe because I didn't/couldn't buff it off completely tho!

Post Thanks / Like

Ultima does seem to be more durable. Both products should be put on quite light and any excess buffed for a uniform look and you should not experience any running.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

I have used both on my 10 year old truck that has been outside 24/7 since day 1. All of the trim received an identical prep process consisting of a thorough scrubbing with full strength ARO.

The PBTR did a nice job of restoring all of the trim with the exception of the hard plastic GM mud flaps. I applied multiple applications of PBTR to the mud flaps and they looked much improved but I could not get them back to that like new appearance I was after.

I had just purchased the UTTG and decided to apply it over the PBTR. I applied 1 light application of UTTG and the mud flaps looked like new.

I thought that the combo of the two products had given me these results and I did not believe the UTTG alone would have restored the severly faded plastic. Wrong!

After 3 or 4 weeks had passed, I again cleaned the mud flaps with ARO and applied the UTTG alone. One application of UTTG and the mud flaps looked like new and stayed that way week after week despite being driven in several heavy rains.

UTTG blows away the PBTR.

Next I want to try some G.T. C4 on the trim.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice information, thanks! I like UTTG better as well. Do u have to buff UTTG after application to exterior plastic trim?

Quote Originally Posted by pfix View Post
    I have used both on my 10 year old truck that has been outside 24/7 since day 1. All of the trim received an identical prep process consisting of a thorough scrubbing with full strength ARO.

The PBTR did a nice job of restoring all of the trim with the exception of the hard plastic GM mud flaps. I applied multiple applications of PBTR to the mud flaps and they looked much improved but I could not get them back to that like new appearance I was after.

I had just purchased the UTTG and decided to apply it over the PBTR. I applied 1 light application of UTTG and the mud flaps looked like new.

I thought that the combo of the two products had given me these results and I did not believe the UTTG alone would have restored the severly faded plastic. Wrong!

After 3 or 4 weeks had passed, I again cleaned the mud flaps with ARO and applied the UTTG alone. One application of UTTG and the mud flaps looked like new and stayed that way week after week despite being driven in several heavy rains.

UTTG blows away the PBTR.

Next I want to try some G.T. C4 on the trim.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    Poorboys IMHO! Gives a darker deeper look! But it runs in the rain!
    It does indeed run! That is why I vote UTTG.
    My name is Jim and I am an Old Auburn Tiger.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast