autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Mixing OHC with XMT #3

Do you guys think this would be any more effective on the vette swirls?
    I tried iton a badly swirled and very neglected ( as in NEVER even waxed!! no joke) 2001 Saturn wagon hood and I think it came nicely. Of course, by mixing those I had no clue what I was doing. But is looks ten times better. What do you all think of thos as a mix? Any more effective on a hrad, hard clear coat??
    Thanks,
    Lauren
    ~Lulu~

Post Thanks / Like
    IMO no, if anything it would lessen the cutting ability of OHC which is very aggressive, XMT3 seems like it's more along the lines of OC/SSR2.5. On the Vette you will want OHC by itself witha at least an orange cutting pad, no way around it unless you have a rotary, use those products and a good amount of pressure on the PC and you'll see results. If not, you'll pry need somebody witha rotary to do the car. Plenty of guys ahve used the PC on hard clears, just takes longer.
    The real WyStang:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfer
    IMO no, if anything it would lessen the cutting ability of OHC which is very aggressive, XMT3 seems like it's more along the lines of OC/SSR2.5.
    Where does SSR.5 fall in their line? Medium? What is strongest by SSR?

So in your
    opinion, it (XMT#3) mixedin is softening up the ohc,yes?
    Thank you,
    Lauren
    ~Lulu~

Post Thanks / Like
    ssr 2.5 is the midrange with about the same cut as XMT 3. OHC is a step above and usually works best with a PC, but I have heard of some success with a PC, just not a lot of people get it to work.

Post Thanks / Like
    ssr 2.5 is the midrange with about the same cut as XMT 2. OHC is a step above and usually works best with a PC, but I have heard of some success with a PC, just not a lot of people get it to work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by abrcrombe
    ssr 2.5 is the midrange with about the same cut as XMT 2. OHC is a step above and usually works best with a PC, but I have heard of some success with a PC, just not a lot of people get it to work.
    Huh? I think you doble posted, and second post is wrong. Pinnacle XMT3 has the same cut as Poorboy's SSR2.5.
    2008 Acura MDX Sport white pearl (daily driver)
    2009 BMW E70 X5 4.8i jet black (garage queen)
    2013 BMW F25 X3 2.8 jet black (wife's car)

Post Thanks / Like
    OHC is designed for a rotary and OC is more PC compatible. OC finishes very nicely and is slightly more aggressive than XMT3 (=SSR2.5). OC is one of my favorite swirl removers using a PC. SSR3 is the most aggressive of the PB swirl removers.

IMO, OC is as effective as SSR3, and OC finishes better. SSR3 will leave some minor swirls/hazing, but that can be cleaned up in a polishing step.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Waxmax
    OHC is designed for a rotary and OC is more PC compatible. OC finishes very nicely and is slightly more aggressive than XMT3 (=SSR2.5). OC is one of my favorite swirl removers using a PC. SSR3 is the most aggressive of the PB swirl removers.

IMO, OC is as effective as SSR3, and OC finishes better. SSR3 will leave some minor swirls/hazing, but that can be cleaned up in a polishing step.
    Oh gosh. Several forum memebers told me to go for OHC with the pc followed by Optimum Polish. I guess I will just have to get them all and try them all, as this seems to be the season to do it.

If I go with SSR3, which do you follow it with? 1? or do you need to use 2.5 first, then 1?

Guys?

Lauren
    ~Lulu~

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by abrcrombe
    ssr 2.5 is the midrange with about the same cut as XMT 3. OHC is a step above and usually works best with a PC, but I have heard of some success with a PC, just not a lot of people get it to work.
    Not a lot of people get it to work - can you please expound on that? I know I am a dingaling, but I wanted to know, in your opinion, why?
    Anyone?
    ~Lulu~

Post Thanks / Like
    For me, OHC really requires a rotary to work best (to get the abrasives to breakdown and finish properly), not that some will get success with a PC or cyclo. And, experimenting is not all bad (like mixing products)....but to experiment on a 2007 C6 may not be the right place.

For vette's (with their hard clearcoat), I usually first try a polish designed for hard clears (Menzerna 106 or BF Scratch Resistant Clear Polish). I then work spots with OC using a PC (with 4" orange pad), then finish with another application of one of the above mentioned polishes.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast