autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Wally World purchases....

Before I was shown the light here at autogeek, I used to make my purchases for car products at WalMart or Autozone. So sitting around the house, i have some products from Turtle Wax, Armor All, Black Magic, etc..... Does anyone have any comments about the ICE line from Turtle Wax. More specifically the ICE QD?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wally World purchases....

If you like the products and YOU FIND they work well for YOU, keep on keepin on!
    The “frozen concepts” reasoning runs contrary to one of the most fundamental principles of constitutional interpretation: that our Constitution is a living tree which, by way of progressive interpretation, accommodates and addresses the realities of modern life.

Post Thanks / Like

I've used the ICE paste wax. I personally didn't really like it. It says you can apply in direct sunlight and on plastics/trim which was why I purchased it in the first place (before I found AG). I wasn't impressed with it at all. I used it twice and both times I just wasn't impressed. I now use it to wax my riding mower. lol

Post Thanks / Like

The consumer brands available through Wal-Mart and other stores are targeting the novice and mass consumer market. Believe it or not this generates a ton of review for both the wholesaler and retailer adn that's why they're in business.

I think everyone here used them at one time or another and while they do work they're marginal. Meguiar's offers some products through Auto-zone and like stores that seem to be pretty decent and provide some good results.

Of the ones you've listed I can't honestly say I've been pleased with the results.

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

So maybe safe to use on the wifes car, but not my own?
    whaaaaaaaaaat, did I just say that out loud?

Post Thanks / Like

I wasn't impressed with Ice paste either, the liquid was a little better. The not staining trim was why I got it, and it was ok for that. Like Seajay, I'm using it now for the snow thrower and lawn tractor. The AG forum has convinced me that there are better products out there, but I want to use the inventory I have before getting more. With winter almost here, it'll be next year at the earliest.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyG View Post
    The consumer brands available through Wal-Mart and other stores are targeting the novice and mass consumer market. Believe it or not this generates a ton of review for both the wholesaler and retailer adn that's why they're in business.
    Wrong.

The wholesaler, retailer and manufacturer are in business TO SELL PRODUCT, not generate reviews.

Selling train loads of cleaner-wax keeps companies like Meguiar's and Mothers in business. Nobody stays in business selling only 5 oz. tins of wax for $189.00

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by XB70 View Post
    Wrong.

The wholesaler, retailer and manufacturer are in business TO SELL PRODUCT, not generate reviews.

Selling train loads of cleaner-wax keeps companies like Meguiar's and Mothers in business. Nobody stays in business selling only 5 oz. tins of wax for $189.00
    I'm guessing he wanted to say revenue not review.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by XB70 View Post
    Wrong.

XB70.....you are just straight up hardcore blunt and candid....... love it.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

The ICE clay bar and lube worked fine for me but like others the waxes etc. not so much.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast