autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need advice.

Post Thanks / Like

Need advice.

Ok, I have a 2010 Inferno Orange Metallic Camaro. I have the Griot's 6" RO and their pads and polishes, but they don't satisfy what I want. I'm making a list of stuff that I need. You might say since it is new, the clear can't be that bad, but it has been keyed 3 times, and I before I knew anything about detailing, I used the brush at a local car wash..... and the dealer swirls are ridiculous. I'm looking to make a list to remove all defects and make cleaning easier, this includes pads, polishes, brushes, waxes, wheel cleaner, the whole shabam. I have about a $300-$400 budget and I'm not getting these for just my car. I detail cars on the side. Mostly interior cleaning, claying, and waxing, so if there is a chance to buy in gallons cheaper please advise me. Thanks for your time. I really look forward to reading different opinions.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need advice.

Quote Originally Posted by IOMCAMARO View Post
    but it has been keyed 3 times
    How deep are these 3 key marks? If these are down to the primer your gonna need a respray. 2010 and its keyed? Was this before or after you bought it?

Post Thanks / Like

After, I ordered it. I'm a teenage kid and other kids get jealous..... and I know one of them has to be repainted, but the other ones aren't through the clear coat.

Post Thanks / Like

You may want to file a vandalism report (if you already haven't) and then pay the $100 deductible or whatever your insurance rate is and have it repainted. Their is zero point in spending all this money on products to fix swirls when you can't do anything about the key scratch.

Do you have any pics?

Oh and also (I don't recommend this), but .. my 02 Camry was keyed a few years ago. I found out who did it and beat their ass.. car wasn't touched ever again.

Post Thanks / Like

My deductible is $500. I might as well not even file it lol. I'm on the same insurance with my dad and sister, and my sister has had 8 wrecks in three years including the one that she totaled her 2006 cobalt in. the entire key mark didn't go through, there was just 2 little spots. I'm going to touch them up with the langka system. I have already fixed the notorious gill chips that the new Camaros are getting. P.S. The key mark is only like 2 inches long and only the 2 end points went to the primer. I'll get pics up tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

my sister has had 8 wrecks in three years including the one that she totaled her 2006 cobalt in.
    Holy god please tell me what city you live in so I can be sure to stay away.

Post Thanks / Like

Lawrenceburg, IN. Across the border from Cincy.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, I have a 2010 Inferno Orange Metallic Camaro. I have the Griot's 6" RO and their pads and polishes, but they don't satisfy what I want. I'm making a list of stuff that I need. You might say since it is new, the clear can't be that bad, but it has been keyed 3 times, and I before I knew anything about detailing, I used the brush at a local car wash..... and the dealer swirls are ridiculous. I'm looking to make a list to remove all defects and make cleaning easier, this includes pads, polishes, brushes, waxes, wheel cleaner, the whole shabam. I have about a $300-$400 budget and I'm not getting these for just my car. I detail cars on the side. Mostly interior cleaning, claying, and waxing, so if there is a chance to buy in gallons cheaper please advise me. Thanks for your time. I really look forward to reading different opinions.
    P.S I have fabric interior, not leather.

Post Thanks / Like

86 views and no advice....... I already have a Griot's DA. I just need to know what to get with that. The polishes don't give me the results that I would like to achieve.

Post Thanks / Like

Take a look at the Menzerna polishes. I cannot suggest anything because I have never picked up a DA. I am only playing off of peoples' reviews and high recommendations as I am still very new to detailing.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast