autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: OCW Over Zaino

Post Thanks / Like

OCW Over Zaino

I have been a Zaino user for years, ever since I was a judge at a show and the one that won best appearance had a shine like nothing I had seen. He used Zaino of course. My daily driver full detail is clay, ZAIO, Z6, and then ZCS. I get 5-6 months of beading out of that combination if I top with Z8 ever so often after a wash.

I have read about people topping sealants like Zaino, Wolfgang, Optimum, etc with a wax and talking about how much deeper/darker the paint looked. On my last Autogeek order, I added a sample of the spray Optimum Car Wax after reading all the good stuff on here about it. I washed our G37 Sunday morning with ONR and then topped it with the sample OCW last night after the sun started down. I couldn't tell much difference last night under the lights.

Today though when I was walking back to my office from another building, I saw what people were talking about. The paint on the G37 is Athens Blue, a medium-blue metallic. It looked glossier and deeper than just the Zaino by itself, even when topped with Z8.

I am not sure how or why this works, but I am a believer now. I think Optimum is slowly starting to lure me over to their line or products. I am completely sold on ONR, looks like I will be added OCW next! Maybe Poli-Seal and Opti-Seal after that.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: OCW Over Zaino

I think the depth and wetness of traditional waxes are often missed when using any paint sealant for awhile. Likewise after using a 'nuba wax for awhile you might find the reflection and gloss of a paint sealant rewarding.

Scott