autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Help with my leather!

I detailed my interior the other day(Sunday). I have APC+, diluted 12:1. Cleaned the leather with that and one area in my backseat now has faded/spotted. See the pic. It was worse when it was wet. Can this be fixed? What do I need to do at this point?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Help with my leather!-img_4411_2-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Help with my leather!

It did that diluted 12:1, wow! I'm very surprised!

Subscribing...
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scjshaylen View Post
    I detailed my interior the other day(Sunday). I have APC+, diluted 12:1. Cleaned the leather with that and one area in my backseat now has faded/spotted. See the pic. It was worse when it was wet. Can this be fixed? What do I need to do at this point?
    What you got there? A 525?

Try using a dedicated leather cleaner, hopefully that will remove the stain.
    Enrique - Amateur Detailer Extraordinaire
    "Man is an emotional animal, occasionally rational; and through his feelings he can be deceived to his heart's content." - Durant

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kronos View Post

Try using a dedicated leather cleaner, hopefully that will remove the stain.
    I think he's saying the APC+ caused the stain, not couldn't get it out. If that's what you thought?
    '03 Corvette Z06

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a 99' 528i.

Correct, I used the APC+ to clean it, then Chemical Guys Leather conditioner after that. I did all my leather and just that one area is an issue.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 07 z-oh-6 View Post
    It did that diluted 12:1, wow! I'm very surprised!

Subscribing...
    Same here, I would have never guessed diluted APC+ would do that, especially if the leather is coated like most leather is. I wonder if the stain has been there but washing it made if more evident???? Yeah I know, I am grasping for answers but I just don't see how diluted APC+ could do that. If all else fails, I wonder if the Rejuvenating Oil from Leatherique on the leather in the hot sun for an afternoon would "loosen" the stain to be cleaned up by their Prestine Clean would do the trick??

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Is there anyway that I took the color off? Forgive my ignorance, but I was thinking worst case scenerio and that it's not just a stain.
    I have Chemical Guys leather cleaner, but the APC+ worked alot better, maybe too good.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scjshaylen View Post
    Is there anyway that I took the color off? Forgive my ignorance, but I was thinking worst case scenerio and that it's not just a stain.
    I have Chemical Guys leather cleaner, but the APC+ worked alot better, maybe too good.
    I always use a dedicated leather cleaner when cleaning both coated and non-coated leather. Did you use CG leather cleaner un-diluted in the past? That stuff is strong, but still supposed to be ph-balanced. If you took the color off in that spot with APC, I don't see why it wouldn't have removed color elsewhere? I'm not really sure, just saying. However, I'm still baffled at 12:1 how it could possibly remove color?
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

is it just a stain or is it a "wear" spot?

the reason I asked is you said it was worse when wet and most leather that has excessively worn spots will darken till they dry

I see it is a rear seat.....possibly a baby seat rubbed the leather??
    Robert DiTerlizzi, 772-260-6636
    Impressions Fine Automotive Detailing
    7656 SW Jack James Dr.Stuart, Fl.

Post Thanks / Like

To me it looks like the leather is worn to the point that the color is worn off, not a surface stain.

IME, Megs APC+ even diluted 8:1-10:1 is pretty strong for leather. Maybe it is different on new, unworn leather, but it absolutely removes color from the surface, like on old Jaguar leather for one example. I am actually surprised every time I see megs APC+ recommended for leather, even though it worked for me in a desperate situation, I really feel it is not a good product for leather.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast