autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

mother nature just won't leave me alone

Been trying for about a week now to put some DP PoliSeal on the car but mother nature doesn't seem to want me to. Tried to do some more today after the rain and dark clouds had passed or at least I thought they did, but within seconds of me putting some on the trunk lid and left quarter panel it started raining again and now it's dark and still drizzling. I wonder what I should expect in the morning, is it going to wipe off easily or is it going to be a problem. Does anybody know what to expect?

I guess you shouldn't start what you can't finish..!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: mother nature just won't leave me alone

You shouldn't expect anything earth shattering and will just have to start over.

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

I have applied sealants before a rain and with no rain and have never been able to tell a visual difference in the results either way. But I do always go over the car again if it does rain within 12 hours.

Mike Phillips

I've run into this problem before, that is some type of wax or paint sealant applied to panel, rain kicks in before panel is wiped clean, product is left to sit overnight till rain stops...

First dry any water off the top by blotting with a towel.

Next take a clean microfiber polishing towel and gently try to remove the layer of wax taking little bites out of it like I show in the video below. I think the wipe-off technique of "Creeping Out" is in the last segment.

If you run into any problems you can always us a hand applied paint cleaner to remove the coating just like you were cleaning the paint from any other contaminant, just use the paint cleaner wet or heavy and use a gentle touch. Wipe the entire mess off and start over with your choice of wax or sealant... on a non rain day...

How to apply a Carnauba Wax by Hand using the Straightline Technique by Mike Phillips

Part 1 - How to apply a Carnauba Wax by Hand using the Straightline Technique
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4zXem8SxkI]YouTube - Part 1 - How to apply a Carnauba Wax using the Straightline Technique[/video]

Part 2 - How to apply a Carnauba Wax by Hand using the Straightline Technique
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVE7lBFrGNY]YouTube - Part 2 - How to apply a Carnauba Wax using the Straightline Technique[/video]

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the advice. I finally got a chance to wipe it off this afternoon, it came off easy enough but I think I will have to try and strip it off and redo it because the finish is hazy.