autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Bissell ProHeat Autocare vacuum

Has anybody tried this extractor before? I'm looking for something that is a little stronger then my vacuum for getting rid of stains on the interior of customers cars. Are there any other extractors for around $100? Thanks

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bissell ProHeat Autocare vacuum

I have this unit, it works for what you pay for. If the carpet is wrecked, be prepared to get some carpet cleaner and a brush. When I do get a full blown extractor, this unit will be relegated to small stains and the headliner.

Post Thanks / Like

Guillaume is my name.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Bissell ProHeat Turbo and I like mine. If you read the instructions carefully and use it as directed, it should be pretty effective for the price. It sucks up much more dirt than just using a carpet cleaner, a brush, and some towels. Even an entry-level carpet/hot water extractor is 6 times the price of the Bissell unit, but a carpet extractor is going to deliver professional results while saving time.

I don't care much for the Heat feature as it only heats the cleaning solution up to a "warm" temperature but I love how my Little Green sucks up the dirt and cleaning solution nicely.

The key is to saturate the carpet with cleaning solution (whether you're using the on-board solution tank or a separate spray bottle), and then brush a lot, and suck as much liquid as you can. The unit will not suck up any dirt if it's the carpet is dry or just slightly damp....a liberal application of carpet cleaner and/or hot water must be performed.
    08 Subaru WRX

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Emile View Post
    I have a Bissell ProHeat Turbo and I like mine. If you read the instructions carefully and use it as directed, it should be pretty effective for the price. It sucks up much more dirt than just using a carpet cleaner, a brush, and some towels. Even an entry-level carpet/hot water extractor is 6 times the price of the Bissell unit, but a carpet extractor is going to deliver professional results while saving time.

I don't care much for the Heat feature as it only heats the cleaning solution up to a "warm" temperature but I love how my Little Green sucks up the dirt and cleaning solution nicely.

The key is to saturate the carpet with cleaning solution (whether you're using the on-board solution tank or a separate spray bottle), and then brush a lot, and suck as much liquid as you can. The unit will not suck up any dirt if it's the carpet is dry or just slightly damp....a liberal application of carpet cleaner and/or hot water must be performed.
    My unit gets very hot, if I put my hand in the stream, I can only keep it there for a few seconds. I have the ProHeat-AutoCare, its a black unit, don't know if it's the same as the one you have?

Post Thanks / Like

that thing will suck up about as much dirt as a vacuum, forget about the stains

Post Thanks / Like

I dont care for how the Water sprays out wider than the Suction Head.

I wish the Spray Pattern was just as wide as the Head only. Read the reviews on this machine and you'll see it's a common complaint with a lot of people.
    Dean
    Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.

2003 GMC Sierra Denali
    Onyx Black/Pewter Leather
    w/AWD & QuadraSteer.

2008 Infiniti EX35 AWD
    Aspen Pearl/Black Leather
    w/AWD & Journey Pkg.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like