autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Lake Country Flat pads with no beveled edge?

I just ordered LC-75-6PACK 6/15/10 and on the website shows beveled edges on all the pads. I ordered 3 orange, 2 white, and 1 black. UPS just brought them today and only the 1 black finishing pad has a beveled edge, the rest of them do not have a bevel at all, there is not even such a pad listed on your website. I can provide pictures if you want them.

The pads were also not wrapped in plastic individually with lake country labels on the pouches identifying the cut and model of each pad like my LC-65-COMBO was packaged. They were all lumped together with no wrapping or labeling except for a brown paper sack around the 6 pads.

The faces of the pads were pretty well contaminated with specks of dirt and fibers all over them, which I was able to mostly clean off just by brushing. I've never had a problem with anything I've ordered from here before. Whats up with this AutoGeek?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lake Country Flat pads with no beveled edge?

These are the pads that I was sent, and they aren't shown anywhere on the AutoGeek Website as far as I can tell, at least they aren't what I ordered.

These are how the 6.5" CCS pads I was sent in my last order were wrapped, individually in plastic and then in a brown bag as well, sealed from the peanuts and other products that I ordered.

I don't really care about the packaging as long as they're the proper cut pads and not some other make or something, but I was hoping that they would have the beveled edge and that's why I ordered these ones.

Post Thanks / Like

Give them a call tommorrow am.

I had some pads come like that once. I cleaned them with my foam brush under running water. Of course they were the right pads in my case.

btw:
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

I ordered 6 LC Flat Pads, 2 orange, 2 white, 1 black, 1 blue

Only my blue and black one came with beveled edges while the 2 orange and 2 white were like yours.

Oh well, I used them anyways.

Post Thanks / Like

though a minor thing, having them sealed in plastic is nice so you don't have to worry about any contamination in the pads before use. i ended up ordering my 5.5" lake country pads from another source (sorry AG, you didn't have the ones i wanted) and they are exactly like the 6.5" flat pads, but obviously smaller and with the recessed velcro edge (was going to use them with the DA and not the Flex anyway) and are exactly what i wanted. i e-mailed before hand to know that they were exactly what i was going to get before ordering them. if there is one thing that upsets me is mis-representation of something pictured of what you are suppose to get, only to receive something different...

Post Thanks / Like

My recent order of 5.5" Flat LC Pads Orange and White came like that too... still got the job done.

Having it sealed is definitely nice

Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps Lake Country changed the pad design and Autogeek hadn't gotten the website updated. I have both styles of pad you are describing and I don't feel it will be an issue. I ordered 40 something pads during the big 20% sale at the Wolfgang site and they were in paper bags and loose in the box. I believe that most people wash and dry before use to make sure they are clean so again the way they were packed shouldn't be an issue. Plastic bags for the CCS pads are nice too.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

When I ordered 5.5" LC flats in middle May they all came with beveled edges. Decided to order more in June and they look like the ones pictured above (completely flat tops except for gray). Both times they came in a wrapped up brown paper bag. The only "debris" I saw looked like black fibers most likely coming off the pads.

I've used both and they worked the same for correction in my eyes. To be honest I actually preferred the completely flat ones because they seemed to handle pressure much better and are keeping their shape (mainly height).

Post Thanks / Like

I just got a set of 5 white flat 5.5'' lc pads and they had no beveled edge but the blue on did
    Shawn
    Sully's Detailling LLC - South Florida
    www.autogeek.net

Post Thanks / Like

I just made the same exact purchase and I was about to call them I was wondering the same thing I want the Beveled edge pads I like them better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast