autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Mobile water tank

Does anyone have advise on setting up with a mobile water tank, NOT using a pressure washer. Trying to get a setup similar to home water pressure (45-70psi).

Now sure if someone has a setup that works well ?

Any advise help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

John

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mobile water tank

We set up our hunting cabin with a 250 gallon tank and a pump and get water pressure that is similar to that at home. A buddy of mine just bought an on demand pump at a local farm supply store, the type you see on lawn sprayers and it works fine for us. I know you stated not using a pressure washer but one will work if you keep the supply hose short.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I got all of my stuff from a farm store as well, Tractor Supply to be exact.

Things you will need:
    Water Tank ( I got a 65 gal, but depending on the size and weight limits on your trailer.. you get what you think you need.)
    Utility Pump ( I got a 3.8 gpm pump, works GREAT)
    Fittings
    A small hose
    A marine battery or some other kind of power source.

Picture of a pump that will work for your needs

They have these pumps at home depot, lowes, sutherlands, etc.. probably find them in the plumbing dept with the sump pumps.

Youll need female and male hose fittings, 6-8 inch hose, and a shut off valve.
    What I did was put the shut off valve on the tank, then ran my house to the pump. You will also need a longer house of course to attact to the opposite side of the pump so you can get water.

Most of these pumps come with a -/+ wire, so you will need some sort of power source to make this pump run. I got a battery and connected the wires to it and works great...

Good luck, hopefully I helped lol

In this picture, I have the shut off valve connected to the tank, the female hose fitting connected to the small hose and the other end going into the pump....

The wires running to the yellow box are connected to a battery. Black with negative, Red with positive.

You can see where the hose from the tank is connected to the pump.. the yellow hose will be your water source. This pump provides enough water to run my 2600 psi power washer so you should be perfectly fine....

Overall look on the front of the set up.

Hopefully this is helpful, I had a heck of a time researching this and getting help from people to make this set up possible. LoL someone needs to do a how to on building your own mobile wash system haha

Good Luck!
    Last edited by xterror; 09-10-2010 at 08:56 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Just as an FYI - I don't have a mobile water tank or anything, but I work for a company that designs and sells custom water systems ( sometimes a tank that is 1000+ gallons. You just need to ensure that whatever pump you get is going to be able to put out the pressure you need. You have to figure in the diameter of the hoses used and the length as this will all effect your final pressure at the nozzle.

Wish I could help out more but all the pumps etc that we get at my work are specifically made for us. So it's not available to the public.