autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Mike Phillips

I am a newbie at detailing but thanks to all of the videos and information on this sight I was able to save a bunch of money. My first car I helped with was my wife's 2004 black Mustang. I purchased a dewalt 849 and pad kit from this sight and it is an awesome machine. My wife was vacuming out the car when the hose caught a pitch fork that was hanging on the wall. She pulled it off the wall and it caught the door and put several scratches on it. She was devastated. I told her it would be ok. I took out the dewalt and an orange pad, and the XMT #3, and went to work. I then switched to a white pad and XMT #1 and shocked myself. There was only one little scratch left that I used the factory touch up paint on and you can barely notice anything happened. I bet I paid for my dewalt and the first set of pads doing it myself rather than paying a body shop for the job. Thanks again to Mike and all of you who post on the forums. The dewalt is a mean machine...lol
    Last edited by secchildhood; 05-26-2010 at 05:14 PM. Reason: add thought

Mike Phillips

Re: Thank you Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by war6lock View Post

Thanks again to Mike and all of you who post on the forums.
    Thank you for the kind words and I really want to emphasize that this forum is a community of very friendly and helpful members that are always willing to help out with answering questions and helping others to be successful in their garage...

So along with your thank you I'll add mine to the forum members...

Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool!
    Shane
    2021 Honda Civic Hatchback EX Lunar Silver

Post Thanks / Like

Good job.

Stop whining and crying like a baby! Life sucks...deal with it!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Mike. For being you!!
    Fred R. Elias Jr.
    Warren, MI. 48091
    1-586-755-1245

Post Thanks / Like

There's nothing sweeter than self satisfaction on a task well done. Mike and the rest of the forum members here have always been really helpful to me as well. Then comes the hard part, overcoming the fear to actually DO it. I recall Mike one time telling me, patience and technique . I learned the technique here and had to develop the patience. I knew it would pay off after seeing all of the beautiful cars. I would tell myself "The car will be fabulous, the car will be fabulous"
    I guess you could say it was my detailing mantra.
    Congrats on the scratch removal, AND the fact that your wife vacuums the car!
    John
    Mean people suck

Post Thanks / Like

I had the same fear becuase everything I read about using the dewalt and I was freaking using it on my wife's car. I had help from a guy my age (56) and he told me to learn on the dewalt, learn patience, and get the feel of it's balance on the curves. He started with a rotary when he was young and said the newer buffers are good but it was better to use the dewalt and then buy a porter or cyclone for maintence. I also overcame my fear practicing on a 1991 buick beater that is my daily driver. We scratched it on purpose and then he watched me polish it clean. Here are pictures of my second childhood and one of the mustang. I use to pay $600.00 a year to detail both of these cars at a very honest bodyshop that did a great job. But now I will be doing it and use the money to make the goat faster...lol

[ATTACH][ATTACH]Thank you Mike Phillips-art-gto-004-jpg[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Thank you Mike Phillips-art-gto-001-jpg   Thank you Mike Phillips-art-gto-003-jpg