autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Question I want to step up my game, a Dual Action machine, or the Klasse Forum Favorite Kit??

I have a 2007 Toyota Camry White XLE which is in pretty good shape paint wise I want it to look better. It really doesn't have too many swirls in the finish though it does show a little orange peal in the clear coat of you hold you head right in the right light( I'm that picky) This is a personal car and I just like to keep my cars really clean and the paint looking 3 feet thick. So this is where I need you help....... I do not know what direction to take for the best appearance for my car hand or machine. I have never used a machine it was always elbow grease. After looking here I 'm thinking that might not be the smartest way to go but I don't have an unlimited supply of money to dump into my obsession. Nor do I even know what to use with a machine . See my Problem? Suggestions???

Post Thanks / Like

Re: I want to step up my game, a Dual Action machine, or the Klasse Forum Favorite Kit??

Machine polishing is the only way to go Give AG a call, they can set you up with everything you need. They will help you with picking a machine and products to go with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: I want to step up my game, a Dual Action machine, or the Klasse Forum Favorite Kit??

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbin1 View Post
    Machine polishing is the only way to go Give AG a call, they can set you up with everything you need. They will help you with picking a machine and products to go with it.
    Very true. You might be getting pretty good results by hand, but, once you machine polish, you will see the light. It takes pretty good paint to fantastic paint. The "3 ft thick" paint is much more attainable with a machine polisher and the proper pads/products.

I just polished and waxed my white car last month. It looked good before. But, now it looks candy coated. I did a full machine paint correction followed by Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant and Pinnacle SSII. The SSII is expensive. IF you are trying to save a little dough. I think Megs #26 liquid wax looks great and is easy to work with. Another short term option for you would be to get the free samples of WG DGPS and Pinnacle Souveran Liquid Wax. There will be enough in the sample to finish your car a few times.

Let us know how it works out for you.
    Kevin
    Griots Garage 6in ROP, 3in ROP, pneumatic 3in polisher
    Flex 3401, Porter Cable PC7424 (the old non-XP model).

Post Thanks / Like

+1 on a machine. But i'm sure another uncertainty will arise..which machine. lol.

I'd go with a rotary..either makita 9227cb or flex.

Stop whining and crying like a baby! Life sucks...deal with it!

Post Thanks / Like

Why would you get a rotary for your first time. I would get a DA if you were new to the scene.

Post Thanks / Like

There is no way I would recommend a rotary for someone that's new to this and more then likely will have to learn to use on his own.

Post Thanks / Like

I learned on my own. The DA has it's place. But i get done faster and better with a rotary, which equates to efficiency and effectivity. And besides, i just said "i'd go.." I bought the XP here, after 2weeks got a Makita locally but purchased some pads here. That should be enough of a story.

He said he has had experience doing it by hand i just thought he'd be better off with a rotary, since i have also been doing it by hand. If he soon after thinks the DA isn't efficient enough, then he wouldn't be thinking that he would've gotten a rotary instead. He said he doesn't have that much money to dish out, same as i do.

Stop whining and crying like a baby! Life sucks...deal with it!

Post Thanks / Like

time for a random orbital buffer indeed (PC-XP, Griots, G110v.2, Flex) .... and yes you can do it, learning curve is not that hard and some actually find it fun.

Scott

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

So I f I have this straight I will be disappointed with a DA after a while because it will not have enough power and I might rip the hood off my car, so a random orbit?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by luv2clean View Post
    So I f I have this straight I will be disappointed with a DA after a while because it will not have enough power and I might rip the hood off my car, so a random orbit?
    The DA (DA is orbital) is what you're looking for and there is no saying that you wont be happy with it. Most every detailer out there uses a DA.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast