I detailed my GF's Black Mustang with enough swirls to use my standard 2 step polish XMT #4 w/ orange pad, and nano w/ white pad. All with my PC.
I had something interesting happen with my first step. The combo was creating alot on marring on the edges of panels. I figured no problem and just avoided those areas. I finished my entire detail And noticed the Nano did not get all of the marring of all the panels. it took care of the edge marring, but I can still see very uniform swirls on the open areas of the car. Today I noticed some random areas of extra marring (buffer spots) around the side windows. The XMT and orange pad combo got more aggressive somehow. The XMT #4 is about 2+ years old along with the orange pads. I am wondering if the polish has lost its lubrication properties. I have used this same combination and technique on other Black Ford vehicles many times. Does anyone have experience with compounds going this?? Is there a recommended shelf life for compounds?
Or could it have been my pads? They look to be in pretty good shape, I rarely use them.