autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Light scratches (micro-marring?)...need help determining proper polish

New to the forum and could use some help regarding my paint. I've had my car for about 2 years and have relied on AIO products applied by hand. The problem is that I have these very fine scratches all over the place. I can't get them to show up in pictures nor can you see them when casually looking at the car, but when I look at them under lights in the garage at certain angles, I can see them. If I stand back from the car and just look at it, it looks like what you see in the attached pictures, but if I get down close to the paint, and look at it from certain angles, I see all these fine "scratches". I guess is just from washing/drying/quick detailing, etc.

I recently got a PC and tried some PB PWC Blue with a white CCS pad but it didn't seem to help much. I only turned it up to around 3 or 3.5, and being my first time, I may not have worked the product long enough as I was nervous about messing something up. I would actually like to move towards a separate polish and LSP. However, I'm having trouble deciding which polish I should go with to get rid of these "scratches". I'm also concerned about using something too abrasive and don't really want to abrade much of the clear coat. Since I can't see them unless looking for them, is it worth it to try and remove them, or would a non-abrasive polish with fillers be better for long term use?

The car typically looks great when you're not trying to look for these imprefection, but I know they are there and would like to correct them as much as possible. Any recommendations on how to correct this or advice on what I'm seeing would be greatly appreciated.

The pictures of the car are with KAIO topped with Natty's Red.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Light scratches (micro-marring?)...need help determining proper polish-img_2491-jpg   Light scratches (micro-marring?)...need help determining proper polish-img_2494-jpg   Light scratches (micro-marring?)...need help determining proper polish-img_2495-jpg   Light scratches (micro-marring?)...need help determining proper polish-img_2497-jpg   Light scratches (micro-marring?)...need help determining proper polish-img_2504-jpg   Light scratches (micro-marring?)...need help determining proper polish-img_2505-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Light scratches (micro-marring?)...need help determining proper polish

I have a 04 Daytona Blue Z and also had a lot of fine marring and some swirls. I used the Wolfgang twins with a orange and white pad and it got pretty much all of them out. You might not need to use the orange pad at all if yours is not very severe. Theres others options out there as well. Nice Car!!

1967 Chevelle SS
    2004 Nissan 350Z
    2003 GSXR 600