autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

tell me about Poorboy's Spray and Wipe / Spray and Gloss for midweek maintance?

My new car is white, I would like to be able to wipe it down once in the middle of the week before the weekend wash

Can i use this to wipe off the dust, dirt, and maybe water spots from driving over wet ground, or if it rains mid week?

I'd like to be able to wipe my wheels down since BMW pads dust like crazy.

Am I asking for trouble or should this be alright?

Last edited by Conor; 11-18-2009 at 09:13 PM.
    2010 Alpine White 135i - Lovin it
    2003 Nighthawk Black Perl TL - SOLD
    2000 Silverstone S2000 - Hardtop - SOLD

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: tell me about Poorboy's Spray and Wipe / Spray and Gloss for midweek maintance?

i used spray and wipe on my alpine white 335. It worked well, but is no where near as cost effective as a quick ONR wash

Post Thanks / Like

Re: tell me about Poorboy's Spray and Wipe / Spray and Gloss for midweek maintance?

Quote Originally Posted by Conor View Post
    My new car is white, I would like to be able to wipe it down once in the middle of the week before the weekend wash

Can i use this to wipe off the dust, dirt, and maybe water spots from driving over wet ground, or if it rains mid week?

You can use it on anything with great results in between washes. I would hit it with some PB Quick Wax after the Spray N Gloss. I think you will be surprised with the results.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the quick replies guys!

I searched a little more, and everyone says use a "Lot" of MF towels....

how many towels are we talking about for a wash?

@ Full - I have a gallon of ONR but havent used it as a rinseless, maybe I should look into that? Ive been using it as an additive for normal car washes

I

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

do a couple of ONR washes before you buy another product. after about 3 times you start to get a process for the ONR wash that works for you.

Post Thanks / Like

I've used S&W for quite a while and like it a lot. I've used it when the vehicle is 'driving in the rain' dirty with excellent results. Some tests I've done on a black, freshly polished car that was winter-dirty and cruddy produced good enough results but that isn't where S&W is best used. I use S&W diluted 50/50 and the dirtier the vehicle the more I spray on. Light dirt or dust gets a light mist. If things are dirtier I spray it on until it almost runs down the panel.

As for MFs, I can do a full size 4x4 P/U truck with two towels... spray down a panel and wipe with one side, buff the residue with the other side. Then use that side for the next panel and fold over to a clean side to buff the residue. Folding and reversing the MF this way gives you 8 surfaces.

I then use the cruddy, saturated MF to wipe down the wheels and tires and the remaining sides of the fresher MF to buff off any residue. If you keep a reasonably decent LSP on your finish you'll enjoy good results, especially on white.

I also keep a spray bottle with ONR at QD strength filled and use it much the same way. A quick wipedown with a spray wax after either product leaves a slick, clean finish between wet washes.

TL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fullcollapse40 View Post
    do a couple of ONR washes before you buy another product. after about 3 times you start to get a process for the ONR wash that works for you.

I will have to get a 2nd bucket to try this. I guess since I already have the ONR I will try it out. Althou its a little more like a real wash then using S&W that I can carry around in my trunk

TL - Thanks, I think I'll order a bottle since we cant have too many cleaners

Post Thanks / Like

I hated PB Spray and wipe. but I also have QD+ which I much prefer!

Post Thanks / Like

Spray and Wipe is the next best thing to printed money. It is one of the few products that I will not be without.
    Rick....now in North Texas

Post Thanks / Like

While I know nothing about Spray & Gloss,I have used a lot of Spray & Wipe with good results.
    A few comments on parts of several posts.

Spray & Wipe should work great for what you are wanting to do.

Quote Originally Posted by fullcollapse40 View Post
    i used spray and wipe on my alpine white 335. It worked well, but is no where near as cost effective as a quick ONR wash
    Quite true, but S&W is not prohibitively expensive per use. Probably around $1 to $1.50 per vehicle if you buy it by the gallon.

Quote Originally Posted by T Riddle View Post
    You can use it on anything with great results in between washes.
    This I pretty much agree with, but I still feel I need to do the windows with a glass cleaner.

I searched a little more, and everyone says use a "Lot" of MF towels....
    how many towels are we talking about for a wash?

@ Full - I have a gallon of ONR but havent used it as a rinseless, maybe I should look into that? Ive been using it as an additive for normal car washes
    It depends on how dirty the vehicle is, but I use anywhere from two to four 16" x 24" MF towels for the body. If it is dirty enough that I would need more towels, I would probably do a pre-rinse at the DIY wash, then finish with the S&W. I also use a couple of old cotton terry towels for the wheels and tires. I can't bring myself to use my good MF towels for wheels, wheel wells or tires.
    And yes, you definitely should try a rinseless wash.

Waterless and rinseless washes work fine for me, but they aren't necessarily for everyone. Once you develop a system, you will probably be happy with it, but some people never feel comfortable with them. Conventional hose and bucket washes are still going to be their choice.
    It's kind of "Whatever works for you".
    Charles
    The Rainmaker

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast