autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Tire Dressing Applicators From Harbor Freight

These might have been on a previous post, but thought I'd show them anyways.

A bargain at 3 for $0.99 on sale (which everything at Harbor Freight usually is).

I use them with Opti-Bond out of the bottle............works very, very well. Not bad for 33 cents apiece. And helps make Opti-Bond look great on tires.

See ya.

- Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices

Last edited by tenorplayer23; 11-05-2009 at 12:49 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tire Dressing Applicators From Harbor Freight

Post Thanks / Like

I used them. They separated from the back in no time with me. I might have gotten through 4 or 5 vehicles with them.

DLB

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dalton Blevins View Post
    I used them. They separated from the back in no time with me. I might have gotten through 4 or 5 vehicles with them.

DLB
    a can of spray adhesive should take care of reattachin them at almost no cost... i always have some laying around at least.

Post Thanks / Like

I hate those, they are the cheap version of the Eagle One Tire Shine Applicators. The foam gets ripped off the backing quite easily, especially if the applicators have been sitting on the shelves for a long time before they are actually sold.
    08 Subaru WRX

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Emile View Post
    I hate those, they are the cheap version of the Eagle One Tire Shine Applicators. The foam gets ripped off the backing quite easily, especially if the applicators have been sitting on the shelves for a long time before they are actually sold.
    I've found the best applicators, for me at least, besides the Eagle One ones that the HF ones ripped off, happen to be old foam waxing pads that have are either torn or have been dropped and contaminated with ground dirt.

I do like the Eagle One ones a lot, but in a pinch, I'll just grab a new wax pad, considering they got 'em here at the Autogeek store in bulk for dirt cheap and I always have WAYYY more then I need in my mobile kit.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a good idea......but aren't the AG pads (of any kind) really expensive for just tires???

The HF variety are 33 cents apiece. Of course, if you got yours with wax/sealant deals and they weren't purchased separately, then it's a good deal. On the other hand, the HF ones conform to the tire pretty well, unlike a round pad. I'll try these out and if the fail, well, off to the next alternative. I have 2 bucks invested in pads. No great loss.

But like I said, they work very well with Opti-Bond right out of the bottle.

See ya.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBHPD View Post
    I've found the best applicators, for me at least, besides the Eagle One ones that the HF ones ripped off, happen to be old foam waxing pads that have are either torn or have been dropped and contaminated with ground dirt.

I do like the Eagle One ones a lot, but in a pinch, I'll just grab a new wax pad, considering they got 'em here at the Autogeek store in bulk for dirt cheap and I always have WAYYY more then I need in my mobile kit.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm never one to turn down a cheap bargain, so I won't dismiss 'em just yet. In all reality, I've been able to get an even application of dressing on the tires simply by applying a light coat with a paint brush and working it in with a standard white shop-rag.

And then I get the customers (like my father) that love the 'dripping wet' look, which I myself don't like due to slinging and the, well, greasy look, but if the customer requests it, then I'll lay it on rather thick and work it even evenly with the paintbrush (2in and 3in brush usually), but I try to avoid the 'soaked' look if at all possible, but you know how it goes in this business...the customer is the boss.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBHPD View Post

It has to be the foam pads though, microfiber and cotton usually absorb too much product and need lots of pressure to get them to distribute product into the tire sidewall.

I would be okay with the cheap HF tire shine applicators if they at least lasted for one use, but they usually rip off after the first or second tire. If I can't at least do all four tires, I ain't interested.
    08 Subaru WRX

Post Thanks / Like

After my first foam applicator ripped apart before I got to the 4th wheel, I stopped using them. Now I use 50cent paint brushes from lowes, walmart, homedepot etc