autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

removing dried polishing compound/wax residue from cracks and crevices and seals

after doing a long polishing session , removed my tape that kept my seals and trim safe, but i do have a slight residue on the cracks. its pretty noticeable on a black car with tinted windows and black seals

i need a good suggestion for the proper tools and proper cleaning solutions to use to remove the residues without harming my carefull applied wax and sealants, and wont scratch anything surrounding it... so i figured those little detailing brushes are out. i thought about q tips or tooth picks, but not sure how that would work besides moving carefully.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: removing dried polishing compound/wax residue from cracks and crevices and seals

toothbrush or paint brush (cut bristles slightly). Can use peanut butter on trim as needed.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Re: removing dried polishing compound/wax residue from cracks and crevices and seals

Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek View Post
    toothbrush or paint brush (cut bristles slightly). Can use peanut butter on trim as needed.

peanut butter...???? how effective is this at dissolving things? is it because its like a lubricant that will grab particles and make it easy to wipe them away? lol sorry, just seems weird.

Post Thanks / Like

Check out the BOGO and you will find these. They are two sided one being round and the other being pointed. I also used those little disposable dental flossers. They look like a small harp. The handle of the flosser is actually a soft plastic tooth pick that i found to be very flexible They sell them in any drug store 50 to the bag.

Cotton Detailing Sticks Buy One, Get One Free!

$4.99
    [SIGWe PIC][/SIGPIC]
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle
    MAY THE SHINE BE WITH YOU

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TurboToys View Post
    peanut butter...???? how effective is this at dissolving things? is it because its like a lubricant that will grab particles and make it easy to wipe them away? lol sorry, just seems weird.
    Killr is correct.........it may seem weird but trust me it works, just use Creamy Style...Crunchy just seems to make a bigger mess........lol.
    Vision Detailing
    Richmond,KY.40475
    859-623-4435

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wendell Jarvis View Post
    Killr is correct.........it may seem weird but trust me it works, just use Creamy Style...Crunchy just seems to make a bigger mess........lol.
    well... this sounds somewhat correct for what it is.... the texture and the amount of oil in peanut butter would be sufficient to keep from scratching anything... all i would need to do is worry about how to get the peanut butter out of the cracks then lol.... probably have to wash it all over again and spray crevices exceptionally well?

should make a wax out of peanut oil and peanut butter.... :P