autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Posting with pictures?

When I do posts or reviews I sometimes attach pictures but they come in as thumbnails. I have noticed everybody else is placing thses pictures full size. I know I read about this somewhere when I first joined but not sure where. How do I do that?
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Posting with pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by CEE DOG View Post
    When I do posts or reviews I sometimes attach pictures but they come in as thumbnails. I have noticed everybody else is placing thses pictures full size. I know I read about this somewhere when I first joined but not sure where. How do I do that?
    Set up a Photobucket.com account...........it simplifies it.
    Vision Detailing
    Richmond,KY.40475
    859-623-4435

Post Thanks / Like

You are copying the image location of the thumbnails. When you are in your gallery you need to click on the thumbnail so that the picture opens full size on your screen and then copy the image location once the picture is full size on your screen.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Wendell Jarvis View Post
    Set up a Photobucket.com account...........it simplifies it.
    Actually, a better option is to learn how to use the built-in gallery and upload your photos to your gallery here on AG

I've been posting to forums since forums were invented and here's what happens when people host their photos on Photobucket and Imageshack and fill in the blank.

They sign-up for the free account and then upload their latest photos. Down the road they use up all the free space that comes with their free account. So... they start deleting old pictures to enable them to upload new pictures.

Now everywhere they posted a picture that they delete becomes a red X

Here's an article I wrote on this YEARS ago... as I work with lots of pictures and I know that it can be a little confusing figuring out how to work with images on forums.

I'll try to write a AG how-to article that will show you how to,

• Crop out the fluff
    • Resize your photos to a "normal" viewing size
    • Upload your pictures to your gallery
    • Insert them into your messages

I wrote all of these for MOL and you can find them all here, but I need to re-create them as new for this forum to basically, help people to help themselves.

The good news is once you learn all of the above it will help you on any forum for the rest of your life and you'll probably help someone else to do the same along the way.

It's so easy to take pictures with a digital camera or your cell phone, the trick is to learn how to share them in a responsible manner. Uploading a HUGE picture takes up hard drive space "somewhere" and someone has to pay for it, thus learning how to crop out the fluff and resize your image to a responsible and "viewable" size is just good Netiquette.

Let me see what I can do in the next few days, until then you can read through these threads...

How to place a picture into your message
    Digital cameras are GREAT! But if you don't know how to get your pictures off your computer and into your messages nobody's going to ever get to see your really cool pictures.

Working with photos on discussion forums

All these tips and techniques work, heck I used all of them today in post 13 and 14 of this thread,

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...d-class-2.html