autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Buying some products... need advice

i have bought the following:

meg's swirl remover
    meg's scratchx 2.0
    meg's ultimate compound

and i'm looking to buy poorboy's polish and sealant

out of these products, which ones are redundant in using...? do the swirl remover and the PB product do the same thing essentially?

and secondly do you use meguiars gold class trim detailer on the interior of a car like on the dash, because it seems to describe using more on exterior stuf...?

and thirdly, is dp max wax good on a black car?

thanks for all the help... once this is figured out i am going to buy all the stuff and go thru with it
    Last edited by mammoth713; 08-13-2009 at 12:23 AM.

Mike Phillips

Re: Buying some products... need advice

Quote Originally Posted by mammoth713 View Post
    i have bought the following:

meg's swirl remover
    meg's scratchx 2.0
    meg's ultimate compound

and i'm looking to buy poorboy's polish and sealant

out of these products, which ones are redundant in using...? do the swirl remover and the PB product do the same thing essentially?
    Poorboy's offers a number of different products that fall into the polish category and the sealant category so for specific apple to apple comparisons we would need to know which specific products you're looking at but I'll take a stab at answering the question.

The Megs swirl remover, ScratchX and UC are all for removing below surface defects so you don't need another swirl mark remover. All three of these leave a polished finish ready for waxing and the more aggressive UC can be followed if you like with the swirl remover if you want to do some finish polishing after the UC.

This means you need a wax or sealant to seal and protect that paint after removing the defects. Poorboy's offers a number of different products in this category.

See this link
    Poorboys World Polishing & Detailing Products: High quality, low cost car care products! poor boy's car care, poorboy's detailing products, poorboys

and secondly do you use meguiars gold class trim detailer on the interior of a car like on the dash, because it seems to describe using more on exterior stuf...?
    Trim Detailer is targeted at exterior components on the car but it is for vinyl, rubber and most solid color plastics so you could use it on the inside and the outside if you like.

What are you working on?

and thirdly, is dp max wax good on a black car?

thanks for all the help... once this is figured out i am going to buy all the stuff and go thru with it
    I have yet to use Detailer's Pride Max Wax at this time so I'll defer to other's for their input but as soon as I can I take her for a test drive. That said Autogeek only carries premium quality products and we offer a 30 day guarantee if for some reason you decide it's not the right product for your needs.

I just opened the lid to a jar of this and it smells good enough to eat as a desert and that always makes a product more fun to use.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the Poorboys Polish and Sealant that mammoth713 is referring to may be this product.

Poorboys Polish with Sealant It looks to be an All In One (AIO) Polish and Sealant.

I have never used the Poorboys Polish and Sealant so I can not comment on how it compares to the Meguiars products that you have listed. I have however used the Scratch X and Ultimate Compound (which both work well) and if you already have those products I think I would skip the Poorboys polish with sealant AIO product and just buy a good wax or sealant of your choice to follow up the Meguiars products that you already have.

Post Thanks / Like

DP Max Wax is nice of blacks and wont break the bank either. While I would suggest Souveran, P21S 100%, and Fuzion as leaders on black, the Max Wax is no slouch and just as easy to apply/remove.

Post Thanks / Like

yeah i was referring to the Poorboy's product "polish with sealant"..

ok well thanks for the advice... everything is ordered and purchased so we will see how it goes on my 00 camaro z28 next week when it comes in

basically i'm wondering if i should take back the swirlx or not because the poorboy's polish with sealant would "polish" the same deepness as swirlx i would think.....?

Post Thanks / Like

M105 worked better for me than Scratch X