autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Considering your first buffer ???

I receive alot of PM's and emails weekly asking about buffers and it amazes me at how many individuals dont have a buffer for paint care or use those old single speed big headed buffers we commonly see on sale for 25.00 around Xmas time. The great part is they are actually considering the change.

There is a big difference in buffers, and none are created equally. Alot of individuals have considered the move to a Random Orbital Buffer due to their offer of safety and abilities for minor paint correction and repair. They are also quite easy to use and so most could use them immediately with nice results and certainly better than hand application and removal.

The Porter Cable 7424/7336 (often called PC) is likely the most popular offering. It offers the ability to change pads / change backing plates / and speed sensitivity by dial. This is more than just a wax remover, and with the correct polish and pads can do alot of work even harder correction work. Sure some patience and care is needed, but no hard learning curve. It seems like everyone built upon this successful unit and likely not the first on the scene but became the Kleenex of Tissues.

Now we have two new (and one updated) buffers upon us that still offer all the benefits of the PC but with greater power and abilities. In testing these units are far more advanced than just a quick update or more orbits. The motors, chassis, and such really have been updated and offer alot more bang for the same buck. These buffers that really are the best of the best in entry level cost yet high performers. Early reviews suggest these units dont bog down as easily and really are indeed ready to help with proper finish care for your vehicles.

PC - 7424XP

Porter cable 7424xp, 7424xp, Porter Cable 7424XP Dual Action Polisher, Porter Cable polisher, car polisher, buffer, sander-polisher

Griots Random Orbital

Griot's Garage Random Orbital 6 Inch Polisher, Griots Random Orbital Buffer, Dual Action Polisher

Megs G110

Meguiars Dual Action Polisher G110, meguiars g110 polisher, meguiars polisher,

There is no wrong choice, and this certainly will replace the old Waxmaster with a machine that offers many benefits and uses. We at Autogeek have also designed many packages to work with these buffers and offer the correct pads and polishes too as needed. So if you are looking for a buffer, consider these for your needs and call us as wanted for help designing a package thats right for you.

And for those looking for circular polishers, and higher end random orbitals (like the Flex) we carry those too.

Car Buffers / Packages

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Considering your first buffer ???

Great post, killr!
    08 Subaru WRX

Post Thanks / Like

I started to worry you weren't going to mention the Flex

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by A4 1.8tqm View Post
    The Flex is clearly a great machine and indeed a choice in random orbitals. I do not however suggest it as a starter level machine when cost is factored in. I consider it the Cadillac of buffers, sure is nice with all those fancy extras and extra power, but we should never discount all those other units from getting us where we want to be with paint care while carrying on a budget.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by A4 1.8tqm View Post
    LOL..... +1 I was shocked when I did not see the Flex mentioned. On me, I wish I would have purchaed a Flex before the PC. Now, I'm sure I will be able to use the PC in "some" different detailing ways where the Flex will not work, such as carpets!!!

My $.02

Stephen
    Stephen R. Hollon, Jr
    Pearland, TX
    (956) 357-7696 – Cell/Text / srhtx@yahoo.com

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Those brushes arrived last night for my PC.

Stephen R. Hollon, Jr
    Pearland, TX
    (956) 357-7696 – Cell/Text / srhtx@yahoo.com

Post Thanks / Like

Scott:
    Nice post! I have had a Porter Cable 7424 for close to 10 years and it is still running strong. The machine is built like a brick outhouse and I would expect the Porter Cable 7424XP to have the same toughness and reliability.

I am a hobbyist and not a pro so the time factor does not bother me too much. From this forum I learned about jewelling so there will always be a need for the Porter Cable 7424 in my detailing tool box.

Post Thanks / Like

great post killrwheels. with the new polishes/compounds these days as well, it makes the D/A even more useful in removing defects...

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Considering your first buffer ???

And Autogeek has one hot price on that top quality machine! Combine that with the quality of the product, the professional level of advice we get here, and you have the best combination of tools, supplier and customer service.

I use my PC for sanding also! I'm repainting 8 interior doors this week and the PC makes light/fast work of getting to a smooth, non-swirl finish before painting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast