autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking for rinseless/waterless washing help

So I will be moving back to school and living in my apartment were they do not having a hose for washing. I am looking into rinseless washing and got it down to two, ONR and the new DP Rinselsss wash and gloss. Price is not a big issue so which of the two are better? I have read tat the new version of DP is a little more slick but do not find many revies on it or comparison. Also what would be a good washing mitt for rinseless washes? What about one of shoe MF dread lock ones, i know harbor freight has them that look pretty soft and would not mar the paint, also seen the ICE ones on sale.

Also what is a good waterless wash? Again I see the DP one is on bogo, I already have OID ad a good qd just looking for a nice waterless wash for bird dropping and cleaning i would not use OID for.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Looking for rinseless/waterless washing help

i'm new to this stuff, but the old dp 4 & 1, now called the rinseless wash & gloss is awsome. it's the first thing i bought here cause i have very hard water where i'm at, & i'm sold. worked great for water cond. and waterless wash. you would have to fill up a bucket, maybe in youre sink, or tub but you can use it for that, & mix it for other uses.

also, i used the dread mitt, works fine, or you can just use the micro.

Post Thanks / Like

there really is not much difference between onr and dp w&g, dp has a bubblegum scent and onr has a slight citrus scent. i would buy based on whichever one is cheaper when you order. also the dp waterless wash on bogo is more like a cleaning qd than a no rinse wash. besides both onr and dp w&g make great cleaning qd's anyway with the proper dilution.

Post Thanks / Like

Having used 4 in1, Wash & Gloss and ONR, I am happy with all three. Just dilute them according to the directions.

As far as rinseless wash media I have used several things over the last couple of years.
    Cotton chenille mitt, cotton chenille covered sponge, grout sponge, sea sponge, The Bone MF covered sponge, MF mitt, MF towel, and I haven't noticed any real difference in the overall results. There is a difference in the way they work during use, but for me it was just a matter of learning how to use each one. At this time I'm using the Bone most often, but would not have any reservations about using any of the others. The one drawback with The Bone is getting it into tight places.

As far as waterless wash, I have been very satisfied with Poorboy's Spray & Wipe, but I have never used the DP Waterless Wash. At the BOGO price it might be worth trying. I use enough S&W that I buy it by the gallon so deals on quarts don't interest me a lot.

I have tried a couple of the Dri Wash & Guard and Wet Paint type of products and wasn't terribly impressed, but there are those that prefer them.
    Charles
    The Rainmaker

Post Thanks / Like

You gotta use a Lake Country Grout Sponge, they are awesome for rinseless washes.

As for waterless wash, just dilute the ONR or the DP as a quick detailer. It has excellent cleaning agents and is totally streak-free.
    08 Subaru WRX

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the input. I think I am going to go for the DP wash and gloss and some OID just as a quick detailer.