autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Fuzion Durability

Hi there,
    I am having hard time with my Fuzion long time. I tried using it before 4 month on a BMW and once I did use it with DGPS and other time I used it with Paintwork Enhancer then DGPS and top with Fuzion, other time I did full IPA wipedown on the entire vehicle then topped it with Fuzion and each time I cant get more than two weeks durability and each time I did more than one coat. I simply dont know what to do, it seems that after a wash the Fuzion is being remove from the paint. I did a Mercedes before about a month and did IPA wipedown then applied Fuzion, waited a week to get the car for a wash and applied another coat and today I notice poor beading and extremely poor sheeting which really made me sad. I dont know what to do.

Thanks,
    Eliran

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fuzion Durability

This is very curious. Fuzion is not noted for long durability, but two weeks seems exceptionally brief. What other factors might be contributing to the rapid breakdown of the wax? What environmental factors are in play? How much exposure to the elements are the vehicles getting? Where are you located?

May I ask you when precisely you do your IPA wipedown? You mention that you have been topping Fuzion over DGPS. Are you doing the IPW wipedown before or after the application of DGPS? I doubt this matters, but I am curious.

Post Thanks / Like

Are you using the frozen fuzion?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by akimel View Post
    This is very curious. Fuzion is not noted for long durability, but two weeks seems exceptionally brief. What other factors might be contributing to the rapid breakdown of the wax? What environmental factors are in play? How much exposure to the elements are the vehicles getting? Where are you located?

May I ask you when precisely you do your IPA wipedown? You mention that you have been topping Fuzion over DGPS. Are you doing the IPW wipedown before or after the application of DGPS? I doubt this matters, but I am curious.
    The car is parking outdoor with some dust getting on the car and some hours the car expose to some sun but overall I wash the car once and sometimes twice a week to keep it clean.
    Of course I did not do IPA wipedown after DGPS. I applied couple of times DGPS but one bottle was supposed ruined cause it separated for two differents elements so after that I used a new bottle of DGPS and did one coat, waited 12 hours then another coats and after about 4 hours it started to rain. then next day I applied Fuzion, waited another 12 hours and another coat. After I notice bad durability I did an IPA wipedown cause it seems that something just dont get right and I had to try different approaches and applied another two coat with 12 hours apart.
    I am really starting to get pissed on it and I got no other ideas why it could happened.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Are you using the frozen fuzion?
    No, I bought mine almost a year ago.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like Fuzion is having some bonding issues with DGPS. I know that a wax doesn't bond not like a sealant, but it sounds like it is prematurely washing off. So the last 2 coats was applied to clean paint, no sealant?

Post Thanks / Like

Just a thought, but if for some reason, the DGPS wasn't bonding to the paint properly, because the Fuzion would be sticking to the DGPS rather than the paint, when the DPGS comes off the paint, the Fuzion would come off too.

But then why would the DGPS not be bonding?

What's the humidity like in your area? After you've applied the DGPS, where does the car sit for the next 12-14 hours, outside or in a garage (just thinking that if it was outside at night it could get a frost on it which is moisture).

I hope you can get it sorted.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Just a thought, but if for some reason, the DGPS wasn't bonding to the paint properly, because the Fuzion would be sticking to the DGPS rather than the paint, when the DPGS comes off the paint, the Fuzion would come off too.

But then why would the DGPS not be bonding?

What's the humidity like in your area? After you've applied the DGPS, where does the car sit for the next 12-14 hours, outside or in a garage (just thinking that if it was outside at night it could get a frost on it which is moisture).

I hope you can get it sorted.
    OP did say he did an IPA wipe down and applied 2 coats of Fusion on clean paint. Dunno what the problem is.

Post Thanks / Like

Eliran, would it be possible for you to try again with a fresh surface? Clay the paint, apply a paint cleaner of your choice, and then apply two coats of Fuzion and see what happens. If the same problem happens, I would then contact AutoGeek customer service. Clearly you should be getting more than 2 weeks durability.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Sounds like Fuzion is having some bonding issues with DGPS. I know that a wax doesn't bond not like a sealant, but it sounds like it is prematurely washing off. So the last 2 coats was applied to clean paint, no sealant?
    Clean paint after IPA wipedown.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast