autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: best vinyl and rubber protectant

PB TR is more durable than Black Wow?
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    PB TR is more durable than Black Wow?
    I found so ... I also found two troubles with Black WOW. First it does not cure immediately and thus any water or rain creates streaking down the paint. (you can use the cold water spray to cure this but addtl step). We also found when it wore off it discolored the front rain area of a Nissan Xterra for good. Poorboys Trim Shine brought the color back and once wore off didnt look so terrible.

Post Thanks / Like

Are you guys using the 303 on both the interior and exterior parts? When used on exterior unpainted plastic and weatherstripping does the product produce a streak down the paint after it rains or after the car is washed?

How long does the product seem to last on the interior and how long does it seem to last on the exterior? I would like a product that will keep the exterior looking nice through a couple washings.
    2001 Vette (Ebony)
    2019 Alfa Romeo Giulia TI Sport (Ally)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pitch Black View Post
    Are you guys using the 303 on both the interior and exterior parts? When used on exterior unpainted plastic and weatherstripping does the product produce a streak down the paint after it rains or after the car is washed?

How long does the product seem to last on the interior and how long does it seem to last on the exterior? I would like a product that will keep the exterior looking nice through a couple washings.
    303 is water based and I dont personally recommend on exterior as it can run and disappaites quickly. Try the Poorboys Trim Restorer ... I even like it on tires in a pinch.

Inside is another story on 303, but I prefer Einszett Cockpit or Poorboys Natural Look as I prefer the new clean look to a matte look. 303 will last a good while and can also be used on the plastic coated leather in most autos (including the Vette).

Post Thanks / Like

303 looks good inside, but i stopped using it because it gives me terrible migraines. I use Optimum Opti-Bond Tire Gel inside now, which is also water based and has just slightly more gloss without the headaches.

On the exterior I also have noticed 303 running and spotting. It comes off pretty uniform when washing, but rain and puddles can make a mess of it. For exterior bits I just use my tire shine which is either Meg's Hot Tire, or Optimum Opti-Bond. Meg's lasts a bit longer, but I prefer the less glossy Opti-Bond. I have not tried any of the other products mentioned.

EDIT: I have never noticed black streaks on the paint from 303 running, just on the plastics it was applied to. Also, it will last through 3, maybe 4 washes. It is still my favorite product for using between the hood and windshield but not for tires or other trim. If it gets on the windows or paint it sucks to try to clean it off. Whether it is used inside or out, always use a dry towel to wipe off any excess (probably true with almost any dressing).
    Last edited by lgtspecb; 04-12-2009 at 07:16 PM.

2007 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT spec.B
    2009 Subaru Impreza WRX
    DetailLog: Online Auto Detailing Management Software

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lgtspecb View Post
    303 looks good inside, but i stopped using it because it gives me terrible migraines. I use Optimum Opti-Bond Tire Gel inside now, which is also water based and has just slightly more gloss without the headaches.

(probably true with almost any dressing).
    Migraines? From the smell?
    2001 Vette (Ebony)
    2019 Alfa Romeo Giulia TI Sport (Ally)

Post Thanks / Like

Exterior, deffently megs #40, on the inside, IZ cockpit lemon if I can afford it, if not liquid glass Connoisseur's choice!

Post Thanks / Like

Black WOW will require APC pre-cleaning prior to Black WoW application for max durability...otherwise it sucks...
    2008 Acura MDX Sport white pearl (daily driver)
    2009 BMW E70 X5 4.8i jet black (garage queen)
    2013 BMW F25 X3 2.8 jet black (wife's car)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pitch Black View Post
    Migraines? From the smell?
    It doesn't have much of a smell (actually it smells a little pastey), but it vents a lot. The windows will fog like crazy, and you are inhaling all those fumes. It doesn't bother most people, but man it really gets too me, headaches, stomaches, sore throat, light headedness. Every time I have used it the fumes have lasted about 3 days. I have had no ill-effects using Opti-Bond and have no noticed any fogging. It also has UVA and UVB protectants so it offers a bit more protection than 303.

I'm not saying 303 is a bad product, I actually really liked the way it looks but I couldn't tolerate it anymore.

2007 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT spec.B
    2009 Subaru Impreza WRX
    DetailLog: Online Auto Detailing Management Software

Post Thanks / Like

Interior I like Meg #40 or FK 108 depnends on the shine I am trying to get. For exterior trim I like FK 108.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast