autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Aquapel - let it dry or not?

I was going to apply my first application of Aquapel this weekend. Was planning to follow directions not to let it dry but I now see posts where people have let it dry, more difficult to remove the haze, but longer lasting. What has everyone been doing?

Howard

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Aquapel - let it dry or not?

Aquapel is a fantactic product I have applied it to over 100 cars. The one word of caution I would offer is follow the directions carefully. Don't expect the Aquapel to clean the windshield. You must clay or prep the windshield properly with a companion product like Diamondnite. Otherwise it's like applying wax and sealents over an unwashed car. I charge about $150 for a medium size car just for Glass Preparation and an application of Aquapel. That last about 6 months under average conditions.

Post Thanks / Like

I spent close to 45 min cleaning the windshield on my Bonneville before applying the Aquapel. I did not let it dry and used the recommended paper towels to remove. The removal process is also involved.

When finished the product works very well. I rarely have to use my wipers even in traffic. The water just beads up and floats off the windshield.

I will buy Aquapel again

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't tried Aquapel. Just jumping on here with a tip worth an experiment for those that are using it. It was always tough IMO to remove rain-x until I tried it with a microfiber bonnet. What a breeze. Quick and easy.

Post Thanks / Like

Mine did not dry completely, kinda oily at first but buffed off much cleaner than Rainx.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BenzDetailer View Post
    Aquapel is a fantactic product I have applied it to over 100 cars. The one word of caution I would offer is follow the directions carefully. Don't expect the Aquapel to clean the windshield. You must clay or prep the windshield properly with a companion product like Diamondnite. Otherwise it's like applying wax and sealents over an unwashed car. I charge about $150 for a medium size car just for Glass Preparation and an application of Aquapel. That last about 6 months under average conditions.
    I'm reading around that people are using a paste of Bon Ami and water while others are using straight IA. Other than those, do you think I can just use Klasse AIO and then.......not sure what else would be needed. Never spent much time on the windows till now.

Howard