autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

where can I learn the KBM

Ok I need to know about the KBM because it seems that it works great
    and would really like to learn it
    I am a underachieving at overachieving and feel good about it

Post Thanks / Like

Re: where can I learn the KBM

Quote Originally Posted by wisemonkey View Post
    Ok I need to know about the KBM because it seems that it works great
    and would really like to learn it
    Keep an eye out for Kevin Brown's post. It should be out shortly.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome!!!!!:d
    I am a underachieving at overachieving and feel good about it

Post Thanks / Like

Kevin Browns method has not even been released to my knowledge and some are already suggesting changes or differences.

Post Thanks / Like

Here you go.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Brown View Post
    Hi all...
    Regarding the paper (I just sent this via PM to a guy so I thought I'd steal my own stuff and post it up)...
    I am diligently working on the pictures, diagrams, and graphics. Unfortunately, an hour or two after midnight is all the time I can usually muster. Any spare time I have I spend working on these additions (even if it is 20 minutes). It shouldn't be much longer, though. Here's the reason for the holdup:
    Once I finish a graphic and place it in the already written paper, I must modify the text to lead into the graphic. Since I am having the paper proofread by two people or more (via e-mail), I wait to get their feedback on the graphic, make adjustments to the wording and then move on. Most often, another point of concern comes up, and I end up altering another section of the paper to better explain the topic in question.
    Currently, the paper still has all the information about M106 and M86, but the portion relating to the random-orbital polisher has grown immensely and is being moved towards the beginning of the paper, as opposed to the end. Reality is such that if the user does not truly understand how the machine works and how to achieve best results using it regardless the liquid being used, the end result will likely be subpar.
    So, while the wait is frustrating for those of you waiting to read it, there is a legitimate reason for the wait. I appreciate all the discussion and anticipation about this document. I know I am about a month behind the date I figured this baby would be posted, but it's not too far off. I am REALLY looking forward to finishing this thing!
    I knew I should have left the graphics out because of the time it takes to make them, but the paper has improved because of their inclusion.
    Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    Wait! I know! Mirror, mirror against the grass, tell me who has kicked swirls' ass?
    http://Raskysautodetailing.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Everyone in the detailing community is making this guy sound like the next messiah. What gives? Is his method really that speacial?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loudog2 View Post
    Everyone in the detailing community is making this guy sound like the next messiah. What gives? Is his method really that speacial?
    Kevin is one of the most knowledgeable folks I know on paint polishing. I am sure the that the time and effort that he put into this project will be well worth the wait.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

I heard he is seeking a major manufacturer or Company to Sponsor the document so he can have a revenue stream from it. They will very likely want him only using their product in the descriptions. If it is being considered by Meguiars the hold up might be the boys in suits at 3M. I wish kevin all the best. I am sure he can turn this into 6 figures easy without compromising his reputation too much or selling his soul to the Devil. The other issue is getting it Copyrighted as a "METHOD" so someone else can't change it a little and claim it as their own. So what seems like an easy process probably cost 15 to 20 K in attorney fees alone.

Post Thanks / Like

I have heard this is a 27 page write up so far I can not wait to see it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BenzDetailer View Post
    I heard he is seeking a major manufacturer or Company to Sponsor the document so he can have a revenue stream from it. They will very likely want him only using their product in the descriptions. If it is being considered by Meguiars the hold up might be the boys in suits at 3M. I wish kevin all the best. I am sure he can turn this into 6 figures easy without compromising his reputation too much or selling his soul to the Devil. The other issue is getting it Copyrighted as a "METHOD" so someone else can't change it a little and claim it as their own. So what seems like an easy process probably cost 15 to 20 K in attorney fees alone.
    I have been helping edit this thing since October.

Kevin's paper is definitely not sponsored by anyone. He is not doing it for the money. The paper completely dissects the DA and discusses techniques that can be used with any polish or pad.

If Kevin really was being paid to write this, then I should have received a portion of the check...

Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek View Post
    Kevin Browns method has not even been released to my knowledge and some are already suggesting changes or differences.
    There are two versions of the paper: one version is simplified and the other version offers an in depth look into DA polishing.

The pad priming technique or KBM has already been outlined and is not a secret (search for "A look into pad priming"). So no, the pad priming has not changed. The full paper is constantly changing, though. There are bunches of charts and diagrams to add to the paper. At this point, it is over twenty-seven pages.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast