autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Dakota Odor Bomb

Question on this product. It says that its good for 6000 cubit feet. Now, my car is not quite that large, so I'm wondering does it need to be locked in the on position? And if not, how long should it run before turning it off?

Also, will it affect the headliner? If it sprays like a bug bomb does, it's definitely going to hit the roof.
    Perfessor
    2016 Mazda Miata MX-5
    Convertible

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dakota Odor Bomb

Im not sure on turning it off or not but it should be a dry fogger meaning nothing will get wet and it shouldnt leave a residue.

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone else used this before? I already ordered for use in the house, but it seems abit of overkill to use the entire 6000 cubic foot can in a 30 cubic foot (guessing here) car.
    Perfessor
    2016 Mazda Miata MX-5
    Convertible

Post Thanks / Like

I used it in the house a few times, great for there. I use the Non-Smoke version since it's more a spray for in car use.

Post Thanks / Like

Clean Air Genie Fogging Air Freshener

I tried this fogger without issue a year back. I use Duragloss Odor Absorber for smokers cars too.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all. I've already order a 3pk of them. 1 for the kids room (nasty place), 1 for the wifes car and one for mine.

I just wanted to be sure that it would not affect the headliners.
    Perfessor
    2016 Mazda Miata MX-5
    Convertible

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Perfessor View Post
    Question on this product. It says that its good for 6000 cubit feet. Now, my car is not quite that large, so I'm wondering does it need to be locked in the on position? And if not, how long should it run before turning it off?

Also, will it affect the headliner? If it sprays like a bug bomb does, it's definitely going to hit the roof.
    Obviously by now you have probably already used this, but perhaps my experience could serve as a warning to others. A little background first. Since I bought my used Acura TL, it has had a lingering foul odor which I assume to be smoke. I have tried Ozium, air fresheners, multiple thorough cleanings of the interior, etc. to no avail. So I decided to give the Dakota Odor Bomb a shot today.

The instructions advise you to lay paper underneath of it during use and also suggest you to place it in a central location. My thought (and in hindsight, not a great one), was to place it on the armrest between the front seats, this being the most central location. Although I did lay down paper, it still made a huge mess in my interior and also hit the headliner. Despite using an MF towel to soak it up and scrubbing it multiple times with upholstery cleaner, I still have a noticeable dark spot on the headliner. Not sure what to do from here but needless to say I learned from this experience.

Post Thanks / Like

smokers smell in cars is indeed hard to remove but can be done, and the foggers can be part of the option. Heres what I have done with great success.

1. Clean the entire interior, from carpet to leather, to dash and doors and all plastics. I commonly use a diluted APC for plastics first. I use Duragloss Odor Absorber on all carpets and will use if car has cloth interior.

2. I use the Einszett Klima Cleaner in the dash to remove the smell that has gotten into that area and permeates every time air is turned on. Its as if the heater core gets coated with it.

3. I clean all glass with a glass cleaner at least two times to get the smoke and coating off glass.

Now I have used the bombs with some success but mostly the air genie version as it had a light scent that disappaited quickly. This helps to get the smell out of the headliner. I have also in past wiped down the headliner with a mix of water and Woolite to remove smokers spotting.
    ---------------------

Now as for the damage experienced with the fogger, I might suggest trying to use a light cleaner like diluted Woolite on that area to clean. Obviously tread lightly and see if perhaps its still just damp from bomb, and leaving the car open for some time might dry it out.

Scott