autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Waxing the interior: which wax?

I recently removed all the brushed aluminum trim from my girlfriends G37. The trim was painted gloss black by a professional (primer, base, clear). They did a great job polishing the pieces and I've installed everything without scratching a single thing.

Now I would like to put some wax on the trim (and more in the future). I know, I should have waxed everything before putting it in. I think they were waxed once by the painter but I'm not sure.

What I am looking for is a wax that I can use which will not create a mess if it touches the leather, plastic or rubber pieces in the interior. I don't want a bunch of white residue everywhere and I would prefer something with minimal dusting. Any suggestions?

I'll try to include a picture.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Waxing the interior: which wax?-door-trim-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Waxing the interior: which wax?

souveran paste. sig series 2 . or what i use is a nice carnuaba spray wax pinnacle crystal mist. or souveran spray wax .
    names tom i live in nj with my wife cindy .and our 3 children. samantha gabriella and little tom...

Post Thanks / Like

I would use something along the lines of ocw.

Ocw doesn't need to be sprayed directly on a panel. It can be sprayed into an mf and rubbed on, making it a little more precise and a lot quicker

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ivoidwarranties View Post
    I recently removed all the brushed aluminum trim from my girlfriends G37. The trim was painted gloss black by a professional (primer, base, clear). They did a great job polishing the pieces and I've installed everything without scratching a single thing.

Now I would like to put some wax on the trim (and more in the future). I know, I should have waxed everything before putting it in. I think they were waxed once by the painter but I'm not sure.

What I am looking for is a wax that I can use which will not create a mess if it touches the leather, plastic or rubber pieces in the interior. I don't want a bunch of white residue everywhere and I would prefer something with minimal dusting. Any suggestions?

I'll try to include a picture.
    I myself have a 2008 G35X in platinum graphite wblack interior. That looks interesting. I really don't like the brushed aluminum in mine. How is the contrast of blacks on the inside dash. I see the door in your picture. Could you post a picture of the dash center so I could see?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a new bottle of the Pinnacle Crystal Mist. I'll try that.

I don't know what OCW is.

What do you guys think of Nano Care Spray Wax?

Post Thanks / Like

Crystal mist has carnuba wax in it. So it would add a nice gloss.

Post Thanks / Like

I would try some Optimum Optiseal

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sal329 View Post
    I would try some Optimum Optiseal
    since it's clear coated why not use a more durable coating instead of a wax. OS will dry clear and won't stain the the trim.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loudog2 View Post
    I myself have a 2008 G35X in platinum graphite wblack interior. That looks interesting. I really don't like the brushed aluminum in mine. How is the contrast of blacks on the inside dash. I see the door in your picture. Could you post a picture of the dash center so I could see?
    I just finished installing all the pieces Friday. The passenger door was the first thing I finished and the only real good picture I was able to take. I'll get better pictures later next week. I'm at work now and don't have any other of the pictures. The lighting was bad and the contrast was hard to photo.

The black is what she wanted and I have got to admit, it looks nice. One guy said it best, "That looks classy". I didn't think anything of it at the time, but later I decided that's the best word to describe it. It's much more refined and subdued. Very clean. She hated the "cheesy" brushed aluminum (her words not mine).

The contrast happens to be in the texture rather than the color. The rest of the interior is a very textured matte black while the new trim is a very smooth gloss black.

I'll post more pictures when I get a chance. This is all I have access to right now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Waxing the interior: which wax?-09mar09-029-jpg   Waxing the interior: which wax?-09mar18-004-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Since its the interior ... I personally would use a spray product. Try the Optima or Four Star Sprays as both offer a glossy look and would last months in an interior.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast