autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

2006 Pontiac GTO Correction ?s

hey there..

I had a buddy drop off his 2006 pontiac GTO this morning and it was probably the most hideous site ever when it comes to how dirty it was. Took about 3 hours to prep it for the detail then another hour for the clay. Took a break and got back out. He told me he used the car wash brushes at the car wash to wash it and I can tell.. its HORRIBLE!!! I am keeping it another day because I will definately need it. I have posted some pics of the work AFTER attemtping some correction. I have not done a correction to this extent before and am looking for some help. Please give me any kind of feedback you can it would be greatly appreciated! Here are the pics. I have tried M105, Optimum Compound, Meguiars Medium Cut.. what is the key to getting a flawless finish (using halogen lights and they show everything!) What steps after M105 should I take to complete it? I dont have a rotary I have a porter cable.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2006 Pontiac GTO Correction ?s

Detailed Reflections

Post Thanks / Like

Damn man, looks like it will take a while even with a Porter Cable. Is he paying you for this? It's a shame, I love the GTOs. Make it nice again.

Post Thanks / Like

I told him I would hook him up... he said "do whatever you need to make it pretty again bro". Hey Mixxer how long did it take you for the correction on the GTO with the link you posted? I know the M105 is a GREAT product.. I may just not be working it long enough because it seems not to be taking out some of the major swirls

Post Thanks / Like

7-8 hours minimum
    Detailed Reflections

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alamoautodetail View Post
    I told him I would hook him up... he said "do whatever you need to make it pretty again bro". Hey Mixxer how long did it take you for the correction on the GTO with the link you posted? I know the M105 is a GREAT product.. I may just not be working it long enough because it seems not to be taking out some of the major swirls
    Although I've got 105 & 205 on the shelf I haven't had the opportunity to use 'em yet. I've been following 105 threads on numerous Forums, especially those that weren't getting the results they desired due to 105 drying up and it's short work time.

One guy's method was to really prime a wool pad thorougly and work it into the pad by hand. Then when the 105 appeared to be worked he misted some water on which pulled the compound back out of the pad and allowed longer work time. The guy having the problem then posted pics with supurb results after using that method.

Another guy adds a dab of DG polish or something fine with longer work time to his pad with 105. Sez it works well.

I tried to locate those threads to post a link with no luck. IIRC it was on Autopia....

Your mileage may vary.