autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Stoners More Shine Tire Spray

Whats everyones opinion on this stuff?iv been eyeing it up to replace my megiuars hot shine.
    Just the weekend hobbyist

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Stoners More Shine Tire Spray

Quote Originally Posted by 94LT1 View Post
    Whats everyones opinion on this stuff?iv been eyeing it up to replace my megiuars hot shine.
    I am a big fan of Meguiars products and have used the Hot Shine twice ( didn't like it) but about a week ago I was in a local store O'Riely's and they had the Stoners More Shine on sale and out of curiosity I bought it, I used it on one of my personal cars ( I always do that before I use it on a customers car) but my car Accord has been in my garage for about a week, but I tell you, it looks really good, not a super overkill of shine , but just the right amount of shine, about durability? not sure of that, like I said its been in the garage, but I am impressed with it so far, especially at the price I got it $3.99 a can.
    Vision Detailing
    Richmond,KY.40475
    859-623-4435

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wendell Jarvis View Post
    I am a big fan of Meguiars products and have used the Hot Shine twice ( didn't like it) but about a week ago I was in a local store O'Riely's and they had the Stoners More Shine on sale and out of curiosity I bought it, I used it on one of my personal cars ( I always do that before I use it on a customers car) but my car Accord has been in my garage for about a week, but I tell you, it looks really good, not a super overkill of shine , but just the right amount of shine, about durability? not sure of that, like I said its been in the garage, but I am impressed with it so far, especially at the price I got it $3.99 a can.
    well after using hot shine for an entire year it cracked my tires and turned them brown.I had to scrub them everytime before i applied tireshine.It dries the rubber out and i was hoping that stoners doesnt turn the tires brown and doesnt dry the sidewalls out

Post Thanks / Like

alot of the glossy tire sprays use a silicone base which can degrade the coating on tires over time and cause them to brown. I believe the Stoners is water based, quite glossy, dries quickly, and lasts reasonable well unless heavy rain/puddles. It use to have a fine dedicated spray which meant no mess on rims, but I have used it in months.

I like these sprays for wheelwells only to brighten them between cleanings.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek View Post
    alot of the glossy tire sprays use a silicone base which can degrade the coating on tires over time and cause them to brown. I believe the Stoners is water based, quite glossy, dries quickly, and lasts reasonable well unless heavy rain/puddles. It use to have a fine dedicated spray which meant no mess on rims, but I have used it in months.

sounds like a good replacement to hotshine.I plan to pick up some pinnacle black onyx but i dont wanna use it all the time since its cost much more.I was looking for a cheap tire shine to use.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 94LT1 View Post
    sounds like a good replacement to hotshine.I plan to pick up some pinnacle black onyx but i dont wanna use it all the time since its cost much more.I was looking for a cheap tire shine to use.
    Pinnacle is a gel formula and has to be used sparingly to dry properly without sling. Sometimes a rewipe is needed. I rather like Poorboys Bright and Bold which is water based, relatively cheap, and nice and glossy. It is not an aerosol however.

Post Thanks / Like

a I believe the Stoners is water based, quite glossy, dries quickly, and lasts reasonable well unless heavy rain/puddles.
    From Stoners' web site:

"More Shine contains no surfactants or water so it lasts longer"

I do not know if this means it has some other carrier.

I have used Hot Shine as a wheel well dressing and it did not seem to have much capacity...much less than Armor All.
    Last edited by Bunky; 12-13-2008 at 12:47 PM.
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

One rainstorm and it is gone and then you are left with nice dull brown tires.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 02CAMSS View Post
    One rainstorm and it is gone and then you are left with nice dull brown tires.
    This is what I was in fear of, the car I put it on has been in my garage for about a week, so I cant give a good opinion on durability yet, but it looks good just sitting in the garage..lol.......
    Vision Detailing
    Richmond,KY.40475
    859-623-4435

Post Thanks / Like

I've used a few aerosol products and don't like them, sprays everywhere especially if there is a breeze or wind, and hard to get a nice even coat. Worst was Megs Insane Shine, pos.

The sprays are good though for wheel weels, thats what I used them for. Except for Insane Shine, its a gummy/gluey mess and gunk and crap will get stuck to it.
    The real WyStang:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast