autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

303 Winshield tablets and wiper blade conditioner q's

Just wondering if anyone can help me out I searched the website but it didn't say anything.

First question is the 303 Wiper tablets look promising from what I read on them. For good cleaning etc. My biggest question is when using just regular water and putting the tablet in will the solution that it makes freeze? Only reason I ask is I live in a northern climate so in the winter months we are pretty much always below freezing. Or is this just a spring summer deal.

Secondly For some reason on my 2 cars dodge made the windshield so curved it's not even funny. It's very hard to find a wiper blade that for one conforms to the winshield due to it's sharp angles on the sides. In short the wipers get really crappy really fast. I was wondering how well does the 303 wiper blade conditioner stuff work? I can buy the most expensive wiper blades at 20 bucks a piece and barely get 3 months out of them if I am lucky. I get tired of returning them and getting new ones.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Lorenzo

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 303 Winshield tablets and wiper blade conditioner q's

303 tablet is not an anti-freeze winter windshield solution, it's just a concentrated replacement for a more paint friendly solution. I personally have used it and liked it's preformance. What I didn't like is the film it leaves on the paint when it dries. So, I switched to P21S (orange) concentrate. Does the same job WITHOUT leaving this ugly film. Or you can get one from 1Z Einszett (lovely lemon scent). Not that scent makes a whole lot of difference, I just don't like stinky products, that's all.
    1Z Einszett Kristallklar Premium Windshield Washer Fluid Concentrate

P21S WINDSHIELD WASHER BOOSTER
    For antifreeze solution you might need to use Wurth - Wurth Windshield Wash Additive

Depending on your climate you might need to mix it 1:1 with washer solution...
    Last edited by supercharged; 11-19-2008 at 11:31 PM.
    2008 Acura MDX Sport white pearl (daily driver)
    2009 BMW E70 X5 4.8i jet black (garage queen)
    2013 BMW F25 X3 2.8 jet black (wife's car)

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I checked those products out the wurth one at the bottom looks promising. My question if you have ever used it what is the mix ratio's.... I know you said 1:1 but that seems like you won't get much since the bottle isn't that big.... In short using regular fluid and adding the booster would just be the way to go if you wanted cleaner windows.

Also anyone use the windshield wiper wipes from 303?

Just wondering how well they work. I like the fact about it says ice etc won't stick to them as this is something that's very common where I live which makes cleaning the winshield difficult unless you stop and remove it from the blades.

Lorenzo

Post Thanks / Like

I can't speak for the additives but I use Valeo wipers from tire rack. They are the best wipers I've ever used. Sometimes they run a buy one get one free. I have had a set on my 03 Dodge Ram for over a year and no streaking or skipping.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lorenzo View Post
    I checked those products out the wurth one at the bottom looks promising. My question if you have ever used it what is the mix ratio's.... I know you said 1:1 but that seems like you won't get much since the bottle isn't that big.... In short using regular fluid and adding the booster would just be the way to go if you wanted cleaner windows.

Also anyone use the windshield wiper wipes from 303?

Just wondering how well they work. I like the fact about it says ice etc won't stick to them as this is something that's very common where I live which makes cleaning the winshield difficult unless you stop and remove it from the blades.

Lorenzo
    They do work pretty well, you'd have to conditions your wiper blades monthly to get desired results though.

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't buy those windshield washer fluid additives as they are unnecessarily costly in comparison to what you pay for just straight washer fluid.

Usually I spray some Stoner's Invisible Glass on a towel and wipe down the wiper blades which cleans up all the dirt that accumulates on the blades themselves. It also conditions the blades to restore good wiping performance, and extend the overall durability of the wipers. I do this about once a month.

Applying a coat of sealant or polish (that can bond to glass) on the windshield will help with smoother wiper performance and will enhance durability while driving.
    08 Subaru WRX

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

I was debating using the tablets, but Im going to try the P21S

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Emile View Post
    I wouldn't buy those windshield washer fluid additives as they are unnecessarily costly in comparison to what you pay for just straight washer fluid.

Usually I spray some Stoner's Invisible Glass on a towel and wipe down the wiper blades which cleans up all the dirt that accumulates on the blades themselves. It also conditions the blades to restore good wiping performance, and extend the overall durability of the wipers. I do this about once a month.

Applying a coat of sealant or polish (that can bond to glass) on the windshield will help with smoother wiper performance and will enhance durability while driving.
    Instead of using solvent washer fluid, just use P21S or 1Z concentrate and water...will cost you around $1.17 per gallon of wash solution, that is safer for wax, and doesn't stink...

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone know if the new Glass Science washer additive solvent based? Anyone tried it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bandgeek99 View Post
    Anyone know if the new Glass Science washer additive solvent based? Anyone tried it?
    I did not use the additive, but used the gel wipe on glass and quite easy to use at first but wore off (well most of it) rather quickly. I too would still like to find an additive that does not leave any film or streaks on glass. Even the P21S one I used several years back left the edges needing cleaning.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast