autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: First purchase

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

First purchase

Well I finally made my first purchase to Autogeek.

Just bought a used honda accord with low mileage . I have a good friend who is a wiz with the rotary get all the haze spiderwebs out of it now I would like to maintain it without a buffer of course. I do plan on getting a flex DA buffer sometime early next year....

I bought Klasse all in one, Optimum opti-seal and Optimum car wax. The quick wax being used like a quick detailer/slight waxing?

Now the plan here is since the car is buffed already to maintain the finish over the winter with these products.... What do you all think? a decent combo of products to do this with?

I hope to pick up some more detailing products though a little bit at a time though, to complete my arsenal of supplies. Probably some no rinse soon. Jim
    Last edited by mastoark; 10-13-2008 at 04:09 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: First purchase

wash ---- clay ---- polish --- protect

since you are holding off on machine purchase for awhile yet (do it as soon as possible) then consider the claying , and substitute polish for paint cleaning for the time being. Klasse AIO will chemically strip old wax and oxidized paint. Optimum Optiseal over it for additional protection is a nice choice although Klasse Sealant lasts longer. The Optimum Spray Wax can indeed be used as wanted over them to add a little protection and better final looks.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Yea I need some wash and clay next, worse case is i have to make a visit to my friend till i can save up for the Flex...

I do plan on washing my car frequently to keep contaminents off of it...
    I was thinking i could reapply the optimum opti seal and SW over the klasse for two months the just reaply klasse again after that.....

And of course make sure the car is clayed if need be... Right now though the car is smooth as can be. )

Post Thanks / Like

Nice combo but when first applying the Klasse and the Opti-Seal, I would apply a full coat of Optimum Car Wax once the Opti-Seal has dried. It will buff off any excess residue from the Opti-Seal and will serve as a nice Last Step Product that is easy to reapply after washes.