Type two etching. Actually cut into the clear coat.

I tried some scratch x with a microfiber pad. The results weren't very good. And yes, I put some passion behind it. I've used it on other parts of the car with some success. I was thinking about moving on to the 105 with a Lakecountry orange pad and Porter Cable 7424. However, after reading this thread. This isn't the way to proceed.

I was assuming that the 105 was equivalent to the Pinnacle XMT #3 intermidate swirl remover. But After reading the various postings it seems to be stronger. I watched the video on autogeeks and thought that the damage shown was similar to what i'm dealing with.

Can anyone give me some pointers on which pads to use?

I have the orange, white, gray, and blue pads to use with my Porter Cabler.

Also, if someone could explain to me how a wool pad would play into this.

I've already used the Meguiars #9 swirl remover with a white pad and porter cable. This was only on the hood and the font right side door. The hood looked better but there were still imperfections. Not as nearly as bad as the roof and trunk though. Those are the two main problem areas. Also, under most circumstances it isn't readily apparent. Depends on lighting and viewing angle. That is why I didn't notice until it was too late.

I had to stop since it was late and I didn't want to disturb the neighbors. Also, my lack of expirence using the porter cable didn't help.

<DIV>
<FONT color=#101030><FONT face=Verdana>The car is a 2007 Honda with the oh so soft and crappy environmentally friendly paint.

Thank you.