autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Oily residue

Post Thanks / Like

Oily residue

I recently did a KAIO-SG-Nattys blue-Nattys blue on a brand new car after a clay, and it looks great... 2 or 3 quick details with megs new stuff and one rainy drive later i wash the car... Upon drying there is some slight oily residue that looks like the streaks that follow a rag on a window, only it appears to stay. a little later, i go out to get gas and the streaks are still present, using the gas station lights, i quickly use a cobra towel and buff it out really quick and not only did the streaks diminish, the minor swirls that had existed were slightly diminished... odd huh

well, after washing the car, i didnt empty the bucket, and a day later the water looked milky and smelled like car care products, but not anythign i used... called autogeek and got a few tips and i began to eliminate quick detailers and the megs may have caused the streaking, but what i noticed another day later in my bucket after the second wash was what appeared to be blue-ish suspended stuff in the water...

this time i washed with megs hyper dressing, one pump in the bucket and 2 pumps on the foam gun, and it dried finee, even after using the megs like i did the first time...

the long and short of it is what can be causing the stuff in the bucket? is it a fluke or something i am unaware of? all of the products have been used as per forum and AG directions, applied in 80 degree weather, mild humidity and using AG applicators and Cobra MF's.... the wash tool was a schmitt and drying towel first time was a megs ww, and the second time was a guzzler, which btw is THE BEST, makes me wanna use the megs ww in the bathroom on the toilet...

another side note, on my second VW, the same process was done and nothing was in the bucket... the two vehicles have only been washed and waxed by me, and everything that was done to one was done to the other, with the exception of collinite over the nattys a few days later (where it is parked daily it gets attacked by birds)

interesting enough, the combo looks great, and bird droppings will slide off with a foam gun layer and quick rinse, its great...

thanks for any advice and sorry for the rambled text

GTI-S1000R-R1250GS

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Oily residue

a thought, could the suspended stuff be the protective coatingsi ahve applied to the car? im kind of worried about having no protection, but it beads like a machine...
    GTI-S1000R-R1250GS