autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Products Question

I've got the following that I bought about a year ago.
    PB SSR1, SSR2.5, EX (sealant w/ carnauba), and Natty's Blue Paste Wax. I also have a porter cable. All came with a starter kit bought from the Autogeek store.

My first question is are they still good?

I have a black truck, and it's in need of a good polish, seal, and wax. Will these products work well on it? I was thinking of polishing and using the EX, then topping it with some Pinnacle Signature Series II Carnauba Paste Wax instead of the Natty's. I would like to get that deep, wet look as much as possible. I need to order the Pinnacle (if it would get better results than the Natty's). Don't have much spare change right now. But, if a better polish, sealant, or wax would greatly improve my results I would like to get them before doing the job.

Sorry for the long post, please share your thoughts.

thanks,
    Heath

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Products Question

As long as you stored them in a cool dry place in the summer, then a warm dry place in the winter they should be fine. If they've froze though I'm not sure how good they'll be. That'd be a question for the other AGer's...

Post Thanks / Like

i like the sig series II but it is not as good on black as souveran paste either arem uch better than natty's, but i also like the wolfgang sealent better if you use it and top it with a coat of souveran and the results will amaze you.

Post Thanks / Like

Give what you have a try. You might be VERY surprised at the results. I use Natty's (white, blue and red), have used SS II (just ordered some more last week) and will be trying Souv next week when the next order comes in. I like (and use) a lot of PB products and like (and use) Pinnacle, WG and others. It depends on my mood, the time that I have and the color of the vehicle as to the product that goes on.

98% of the people out there could not tell the difference between them (in here most of us are anal enough to notice). Some are paying more attention to the price (more expensive is better), some go for ease of use (wipe on, wipe off) and some of us are addicted and just HAVE to try everything. After all, someone needs to keep Megan in new outfits....

Post Thanks / Like

Nattys Blue is nice on black also, I would use the items you have and add to them as you go. Shake well, and keep out of extreme heat changes.