autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Removing Dealer Sticker

The dealer has a sticker on the trunk of my car with the dealer name on it. How can i safely remove it? Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Removing Dealer Sticker

Usually a bit of heat will allow the adhesive to soften enough for easy removal. Hair dryer not hot enough, you usually require one of those heat guns for paint removal. Be careful though, just apply enough heat until you can feel the emblem loosening. Do not cook your car.

Pat.
    2006 Black Rav4.

Makita 9227C, UDM, Optimum polishes,Menzerna Power Finish, Pinnacle XMT polishes, Poorboy's Sealant, Collnite Insulator wax, various 4,6.5,and 8 inch CCS pads. Edge pads. Microfiber towels galore. And a big thanks to Meghan for shipping to Walt Disney World.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pricha00 View Post
    Usually a bit of heat will allow the adhesive to soften enough for easy removal. Hair dryer not hot enough, you usually require one of those heat guns for paint removal. Be careful though, just apply enough heat until you can feel the emblem loosening. Do not cook your car.

Pat.
    I have used a hair dryer to remove dealer labels off a car that was seven years old, pealed right off.

Post Thanks / Like

GoofOff w/ plastic razor blade-Be real careful using a heat gun. Try direct sun first.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bert31 View Post
    I have used a hair dryer to remove dealer labels off a car that was seven years old, pealed right off.
    I'd caution against a heat gun. They can burn/bubble your paint before you know it.
    Hair dryer is OK if you keep it moving then work some dental floss under a corner of the label and work it until the label is separated.

Post Thanks / Like

The only thing to remember is that after the sticker is removed it lifts the clear up where the sticker was. So you might need to wet sand that area to level it of buff over first and see how it looks.

Post Thanks / Like

dental floss or just pick it off, then use a little goo gone or wd 40 and clean up the area until no residue is left...then a little polish followed by some wax or sealant and your done...

Post Thanks / Like

if its a sticker, soak with 3M Wax and Adhesive Remover. If its the plague type that stands out a bit, then use dental floss.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ASPHALT ROCKET View Post
    The only thing to remember is that after the sticker is removed it lifts the clear up where the sticker was. So you might need to wet sand that area to level it of buff over first and see how it looks.
    It does? After blowing the stickers with a hair dryer for at least 5 minutes, the sticker came off so easily I don't see how could have taken any clear with it. After taking the sticker off I had to clay the area and use a none abrasive paint cleaner to clean up around the letters of the sticker since so much junk gets stuck between the letter but I didn't notice any divots where the sticker used to be.

I am going to remove the dealer stickers from my dad's blazer, I will see if it has any clear removed afterwards.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bert31 View Post
    It does? After blowing the stickers with a hair dryer for at least 5 minutes, the sticker came off so easily I don't see how could have taken any clear with it. After taking the sticker off I had to clay the area and use a none abrasive paint cleaner to clean up around the letters of the sticker since so much junk gets stuck between the letter but I didn't notice any divots where the sticker used to be.

I am going to remove the dealer stickers from my dad's blazer, I will see if it has any clear removed afterwards.
    Sorry that is not what I meant. You will not remove the clear, if you look at the area where the sticker was you will see the clear raised up, or run your hand over it and you see or feel what I meant. Didn't mean to get you going there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast