autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Noob with Noob Questions

Hello all. Just made my first post in the introductions, but I've been reading for weeks, and what a great site. Also made two large orders recently. Got a couple of questions though:

1. Can I use Lexol Leather system on the vinyl portions of my seat, or should I use something else?
    2. Is Meguiars Natural Shine Rubber & Vinyl Protectant good for this, and my dash, or does it contain silicone and should be avoided? Reason I ask is that I don't see it in the store here.
    3. When I use the PC 7424 on my new paint (using Menz Final Polish to correct fine washing swirls), is there any advice for treating the rubber body side molding, which has some dulled/sunburst marks from a neighbors car door? It also has like a dotted line running the length of it from brushing up against a thick plant stem. It looks like painted clear coat, and the stem made pinhead indentations. This is black paint on a new Tahoe. Does anyone know the relative hardness of Chevy's clear these days? Also, is 3M Scratch Remover more course than the Menz FP? I have some and thought I might spot polish these trouble spots if it helps.

Thanks for any replies, and for the cool site. New as I am Meghan already helped me out with some ordering issues, and I really appreciate the personal touch. Thanks Meghan!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Noob with Noob Questions

Also, being new paint, I already clayed it, and my plan is to do the Final Polish (white, gray, or blue pad?), WG 3.0 Sealant (1,2, or 3 coats), folowed by Collinite Liquid Insulator wax. I want a good shine but am more interested in protecting the paint as much as possible, for as long as possible.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Noob with Noob Questions

Sorry, gonna have to bump it I guess...