autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Klasse Twins or Wolfgang Twins?

I had purchased Wolfgang twins and Pinacle Signature Series II and I was extremely happy with the results:

I was extremely low in Wolfgang Twins and purchased some more. My wife was pretty amazed with the results on our 09 Corolla and decided to take my "refill" and give it to her dad for father's day (early gift). I reluctantly agreed to let my twins go.

I have been lurking the forms quite a bit and I notice that a lot of users seem to like Klasse twins as well. Any opinions on whether I should purchase Wolfgang Twins again or give the Klasse twins a try? I know it may be a matter of personal opinion, but I am always open to suggestions.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Klasse Twins or Wolfgang Twins?

It really depends on what results you are looking for. If you want stunning shine - Wolfgang, if you want extreme winter durability - Klasse twins.
    Another nice choice for shine is Four Star UPP. Keep in mind that both Wolfgang and Four Star are now polycharged, which means durability has been improved. i'd expect 4-6 months (depending on where you live, and how you treat your car) of durability from 2 coats of a sealant (12-24 hours apart). I personally have both, and only use Klasse as winter sealant. I seal in November, and don't bother 'till April.
    Get Wolfgang, or Four Star, leave Klasse twins for you fall order...
    2008 Acura MDX Sport white pearl (daily driver)
    2009 BMW E70 X5 4.8i jet black (garage queen)
    2013 BMW F25 X3 2.8 jet black (wife's car)

Post Thanks / Like

Klasse application and removal is not as easy as WG.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pt91 View Post
    Klasse application and removal is not as easy as WG.
    true that...Klasse is far away from easy to apply/remove. Matter of fact it's on the top 5 hardest to apply/remove. It is very finicky.
    2008 Acura MDX Sport white pearl (daily driver)
    2009 BMW E70 X5 4.8i jet black (garage queen)
    2013 BMW F25 X3 2.8 jet black (wife's car)

Post Thanks / Like

MHO

Klasse twins win in durability
    WG wins in easy of use

As far as looks, it's apples to oranges - Klasse leaves a SHINE, but is considered by many to be very sterile (not a "wet" look, just SHINEY). WG on the other hand tries to emulate the look of a wax more, so it's a little less shiney, but definately looks wetter. Of course, if you're going to top it with SSII, there probably won't be much difference in the finished look which takes us back to... WG - SOOOOO easy to use but needs to be reapplied more often (at least the pre-polycharged version did), Klasse - can be tricky to apply but lasts and lasts.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by makdaddy626 View Post
    MHO

Klasse twins win in durability
    WG wins in easy of use

As far as looks, it's apples to oranges - Klasse leaves a SHINE, but is considered by many to be very sterile (not a "wet" look, just SHINEY). WG on the other hand tries to emulate the look of a wax more, so it's a little less shiney, but definately looks wetter. Of course, if you're going to top it with SSII, there probably won't be much difference in the finished look which takes us back to... WG - SOOOOO easy to use but needs to be reapplied more often (at least the pre-polycharged version did), Klasse - can be tricky to apply but lasts and lasts.
    The Werkstat Twins (Jeff's Werkstat Acrylic Jett and Jeff's Werkstat Prime) are a good substitute for the Klasse twins. The Werkstat Acrylic Jett just as good durability as the Klasse Sealant Glaze but has a much better appearance. If you want easier application and removal, Acrylic Jett Trigger can be used in place of Acrylic Jett. If you want a light polishing along with cleaning, Prime Strong can be used in place of Prime.

Post Thanks / Like

Is that an 09 camry se or 08? I have one similar to it but mine is an 09 white.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by onexvi3tboi View Post
    it's a corolla, isn't it?

Post Thanks / Like

stick with what you have , if you like it your happy !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by onexvi3tboi View Post
    It's an 09 Corolla Sport. We picked it up about a month ago. I find the new Corollas do look a lot like the Camry...which is ok with me.

I really like to look after my vehicles so durablity comparison between Klasse and Wolfgang is not a huge deal. It's definetly a good piece of advise to try the Klasse before the winter.

I do like the results of WG and Pinnacle SSII on Red paint. I had Pinnacle Souveran Paste wax before and I think I am still a little more partial to that as compared to the SSII. But for the price, Pinnacle SSII is more than worth it.

I'd love to give Fusion Estate wax a try. Maybe when I run out of SSII.