autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

New to detailing need advice

I just started detailing this past sunday. Ordered my Pinnacle but waiting for it. Someone said to wax my car asap because I just bought it from the dealer and it has been sitting at the Lot for a while I guess. My concern is I just used TW Ice and wanted to know when I get my Pinnacle product do I have to do anything to remove the old liquid wax or do i just wash my car with the Pinnacle and Wax it with the new Pinnacle products.

Second, It's a brand new car, do i need to use clay at all?

Third, My car attract bugs I guess or something but the front bumper always has a lot of bugs on the car. What do I do to remove it. What is a good product to use to make sure they don't keep appearing. The product I'm using now don't really get all the bug out.

Fourth, Any opinions you guys have that can help me detail my car better? Yesterday I wash the car with TW Ice, then I applied the TW Ice Liquid Wax, and for the interior I use TW Ice Interior Cleaning. I just bought the car, I wanna make sure it stays new. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Oh yeah my lil brother has a dodge ram 1500 and he got tree sap on the top of the car. He doesn't know how to get rid of it. What should he do?

Thank you for all your feedback. It will help me learn how to detail my car better.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New to detailing need advice

1. If you ordered the Pinnacle kit which includes the paintwork cleanser then no, as it will remove old wax and sealant. If not, I would suggest after washing and drying to polish (abrade) or wipe down finish with iso. alcohol.

2. Claying is valuable on even new cars, it may have sat in port or on owners lot in the elements for days, months, or years. Claying is not time consuming and done 2 times a year at best.

3. Poorboys Bug Squash -- can be used full strength to clean the car of buggies. Add an ounce to car wash for extra cleaning power when buggies are visiting/attached to paint.

4. To be quite frank, stick with boutique products over store bought mass market products. They spend more money on advertisement and pretty bottles, than for ingredients. The key to a properly kept finish is following the steps. Wash --- clay --- polish --- protect.

Brother --- Poorboys Bug Squash will also remove sap especially when new and light. If its attached and heated to paint, you might need something stong like Stoners Tarminator. Claying will also remove sap if not on paint to long.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New to detailing need advice

1. If you ordered the Pinnacle kit which includes the paintwork cleanser then no, as it will remove old wax and sealant. If not, I would suggest after washing and drying to polish (abrade) or wipe down finish with iso. alcohol.

Abrade? iso.alcohol? can you link me those product? I order the exterior/interior Pinnacle kit. Which comes with the Bodywork Shampoo, Paintwork Cleansing Lotion, Souverän™ Paste Wax, and then Pinnacle Crystal Mist Carnauba Detail Spray for the exterior and for interior its Leather Conditioner, Leather & Vinyl Cleaner, and Vinyl and Rubber Protectant. These are what I ordered. Do I need anything else.

2. Claying is valuable on even new cars, it may have sat in port or on owners lot in the elements for days, months, or years. Claying is not time consuming and done 2 times a year at best.

Which type of clay are good for my car. It's white. Do I do it right after washing before the waxing?

3. Poorboys Bug Squash -- can be used full strength to clean the car of buggies. Add an ounce to car wash for extra cleaning power when buggies are visiting/attached to paint.

It's after I wash the car and I drive around bugs get on the car bumper a lot of bugs. Is there a way to prevent it or an easier way to remove them. The spray I use doesn't do so well It doesn't remove all the bugs.

4. To be quite frank, stick with boutique products over store bought mass market products. They spend more money on advertisement and pretty bottles, than for ingredients. The key to a properly kept finish is following the steps. Wash --- clay --- polish --- protect.

So I wash with Pinnacle, then I caly, Polish is wax? or is that the paintwork cleansing lotion? then i protect it by waxing? How often should I wash/wax and wash only? I see a lot of people using a special hose to spray down there car with the soap, can i just do the old fashion way and just spray the car wet and put the Pinnacle soap in a bucket and applyl onto the car.

Brother --- Poorboys Bug Squash will also remove sap especially when new and light. If its attached and heated to paint, you might need something stong like Stoners Tarminator. Claying will also remove sap if not on paint to long.

He said the Tree Sap is under the paint. I didn't know that is possible I think he's lying but there's a lot of sap on the top of his car. Does he just buy Poorboys Bug Squash and put that in the Pinnacle and wash his car and it'll come off?