autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Recommended: Interior APC & Quick Detailer

Some cleaners are not recommended for LCD and nav screens.

Some time ago I got on some overspray of Cockpit Premium on a coored plastic surface (did not notice it) and etch it so leary when around clear plastics.
    Al
    The Need to Bead

2. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    Some cleaners are not recommended for LCD and nav screens.

Some time ago I got on some overspray of Cockpit Premium on a coored plastic surface (did not notice it) and etch it so leary when around clear plastics.
    Was that the old Einzett product or the new Nexzett version?

I have used the older product extensively in the past and never saw it harm anything, however, that was before the new generation of touch nav screens

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    If I was being truthful, one would only ever need a damp microfiber towel for what you describe above. But where is the fun in that?

Xpress works well for quick wipe overs like this as it flashes away and leaves no residue. But even Xpress is overkill in this situation.

For something like my Mustang (over pampered garage queen), I've been using Carpro InnerQD for quick wipe overs. I like how this leaves a completely clean, undressed look. It's also fine to use on gauge clusters and screens, I have also used it on leather.

On something like my Ranger (well-maintained daily driver), I've given up applying an interior dressing/protectant and now stick with the interior quick detailers that have some mild dressing element to them. These products include P&S Swift (excellent product, just enough "enhancement" without looking like an oil slick), Ethos Interior Detailer, DIY Interior Clean & Protect.

Underrated, I also think rinse-less wash products excel at interior quick detailers. The beauty of a rinse-less wash here is that they clean well but leave a residue free finish across all surfaces, including screens and leather. I actually have ONR mixed up at the quick detailer ratio for this role. If you watch some of the DIY videos, they are often mentioning the use of rinse-less wash as an interior cleaner/detailer.

I have also used products like P&S Paint Gloss and Megs Last Touch on interiors in the past. Again, the idea being they are multi-surface safe and add some lovely scent into the interior. I also use Paint Gloss as an anti-static agent when vacuuming pet hair and sand from filthy carpets.
    20+ years ago we used a Woolite liquid and distilled water mix for interior cleaning if things were dirty, and followed it up with 303 Aerospace for protection, and then I would use Cockpit as a quick wipe down, ongoing maintenance product

Someone either on Autopia or here took me to task for that process saying that the Cockpit was more than likely removing or negating any beneficial properties of the 303

5. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Iíve restarted regularly using 303 on interior components due to high heat here. I sure hope I get protection. I got another gallon last year
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

7. Likes chilly, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    Iíve restarted regularly using 303 on interior components due to high heat here. I sure hope I get protection. I got another gallon last year
    I still use it faithfully on my 16 year old 4Runner that has lived itís entire life outdoors

I know there is still a lot of controversy over whether any product actually has any UV protection but I am a firm believer that 303 does protect from sun damage, however it manages to accomplish it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Likes CleanIT, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

For removing dirt or grime from the interior, I like to use Meguairs D101 diluted 10:1. For a light cleaning, I like to use Simple Green. Diluted 10:1, it is a safe pH neutral cleaner, especially for some delicate interior surfaces. In concentrate, Simple Green has a pH range of 8.5-9.5. The pH comes down to 7.95 with a 10:1 dilution.
    For leather or vinyl seats, Ultima Interior Shampoo Gel, a Sonax leather brush, and a plain terry towel are perfect for cleaning without damaging the surface.
    303 Protectant works well on the dash and door panels, but Gyeon LeatherShield is best for the seats. This is a much maligned product on this forum, however I do like Meguairs Quik Interior Detailer for touch ups.
    I believe in treating everybody with respect, and clean cars. Thatís what I believe in.

11. Likes chilly, DFB liked this post
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345