autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

AutoFiber -Saver- Applicators

Is/are the AutoFiber Saver applicators true *OE* to them - aka, their design/manuf

I know P&S has a similar applicator but what popped up into my Amazon feed yesterday, was that there was a *turtle wax* tire applicator that is the same as the AutoFiber and cheaper at MSRP for the same qty 2 set...
    Anyhow, just asking the ask

Post Thanks / Like

Re: AutoFiber -Saver- Applicators

Wow, interesting question. I don't pay as much attention to this stuff as I used to, but I really thought those were a product exclusive to AutoFiber--I mean, last I checked Ian doesn't even sell them at the MicrofiberTech website.

I don't see a similar applicator at the P&S website, but I do see a lot of (accessory) stuff there that they don't make, so if they have one that's just like the AutoFiber, I think you can be pretty sure that's who's making it. I also don't see what you are talking about with TurtleWax, just a regular black MF applicator.

Just to be clear, the "Saver" applicators have a membrane under the MF to keep the product from soaking into the sponge. If I'm remembering correctly, AutoFiber was where I bought my first MF towels from, back in 2004. Ian had set up that site to focus on detailing applications, more focused than the MicrofiberTech site, which has mops and golf towels, etc. Then the AutoFiber site disappeared for a while, then about 10 years ago he brought it back with these more specialized products. When you say "true OE" what does that even mean in today's world? All this stuff is made in China, I guess still some in South Korea, but I think even the SK towel material generally goes to China to be finished. It's not like MFT has their own plant over there (my opinion). But obviously the guys that have been doing this a long time have relationships with the manufacturing plants.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chefwong View Post
    Is/are the AutoFiber Saver applicators true *OE* to them - aka, their design/manuf

I know P&S has a similar applicator but what popped up into my Amazon feed yesterday, was that there was a *turtle wax* tire applicator that is the same as the AutoFiber and cheaper at MSRP for the same qty 2 set...
    Anyhow, just asking the ask
    Yes. Ian has a patent pending on it. P&S and even Autogeek sell them as part of their kits but they are autofiber applicators. There are other brands that sell them with their coatings.

4. Likes MisterSnoop, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I typo'ed it thinking it was TW. Did not look at what popped up on my feed but I just rechecked. Not sure what the rules are on external linking so just google Viking Tire Applicator and it should pull up