autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Car Coating (first time): CQuartz 3.0 or MOHS EVO - Overwhelmed with options!

Thanks, all, for the feedback. Now all I have left to do is firm up the compound/polish, which I have narrowed down to either 1. Sonax Perfect Finish or 2. CarPro Reflect.
    In my arsenal, I have GG's Fast Correcting Cream, Correcting cream, Meguiar's M105, D300, Ultimate Compound, Ultimate Polish. Ideally, I would like the polish I order to fill a 'gap' in these and not be an exact duplicate.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Car Coating (first time): CQuartz 3.0 or MOHS EVO - Overwhelmed with options!

Quote Originally Posted by Bornin1992 View Post
    Thanks, all, for the feedback. Now all I have left to do is firm up the compound/polish, which I have narrowed down to either 1. Sonax Perfect Finish or 2. CarPro Reflect.
    In my arsenal, I have GG's Fast Correcting Cream, Correcting cream, Meguiar's M105, D300, Ultimate Compound, Ultimate Polish. Ideally, I would like the polish I order to fill a 'gap' in these and not be an exact duplicate.
    CarPro Essence. Other than being a coating primer leaves paint extremely glossy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Hello!

Over the weekend, I took possession of my 2023 Corolla in Celestite and am looking to coat it this weekend. The dealership rinsed the vehicle, but (thankfully) did not wash it: the paint is in nearly perfect condition but for a few minor scratches that appear to have been the result of removing the plastic covering used during shipping.

I made a more general post, but, after reviewing the responses, am still overwhelmed as it is my first ceramic coating endeavour. Nevertheless, I have narrowed it down to several options and am hoping for some further insight to finalize this order tomorrow.. As I am already somewhat overwhelmed with all the available options, please refrain from suggesting alternative polishes or coatings!

Option 1: CarPro Cquartz CQUK 3.0 with CarPro Essence Coating Prime with

Option 2: Gyeon Q2 Mohs EVO with Sonax Perfect Finish, CarPro Reflect, or Meguiar’s M205 (Yes, I am aware there are 3 sub-options, but to narrow it down to three took me considerable effort!)

I have LC Orange and Blue SDO pads.

Which option would you select?

Thanks!
    I will tell you I just went though the same thing a few weeks ago. 2023 Civic. Black. Same deal. Told dealer to not wash. Had a few minor swirls. I probably spent more time polishing than I needed to. I guess since it was mine and our first new car.

Good luck. I went with Mohs EVO. My co-worker has the same car in the same color. It'll be very forgiving. A good color to have.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    CarPro Essence. Other than being a coating primer leaves paint extremely glossy

I had originally wanted to go with Essence, but dismissed it as an option because, due to my understanding, 1. Unless I choose a CQuartz coating, the priming feature is unecessary, and even with, seems to be some debate about whether it should be removed using a panel wipe, 2. One review (which I cannot find now) seems to suggest it is not actually removing the scratches, but merely filling them such that, if I am using a panel wipe, it seems to me it would be pointless to use Essence as I am not actually removing defects.

Am I incorrect in this?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kantonburg View Post
    I will tell you I just went though the same thing a few weeks ago. 2023 Civic. Black. Same deal. Told dealer to not wash. Had a few minor swirls. I probably spent more time polishing than I needed to. I guess since it was mine and our first new car.

Good luck. I went with Mohs EVO. My co-worker has the same car in the same color. It'll be very forgiving. A good color to have.
    I previously had a Corolla in Black Sand Pearl that I traded only because of the colour...Perhaps I ought to be the one to say 'Good luck!' Black looks beautiful, when clean, but shows everything. My workplace parking lot is very dusty, and when I leave for work, there is almost always a layer of dust on the vehicle. It still is on this new Celestite Corolla, but it is nowhere near as visible.

6. Likes kantonburg liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I previously had a Corolla in Black Sand Pearl that I traded only because of the colour...Perhaps I ought to be the one to say 'Good luck!' Black looks beautiful, when clean, but shows everything. My workplace parking lot is very dusty, and when I leave for work, there is almost always a layer of dust on the vehicle. It still is on this new Celestite Corolla, but it is nowhere near as visible.
    Trust me I know. The boss wanted that color.

Post Thanks / Like

Depends what you want. Perfect Finish has more cut than Reflect making it a better option for one steps.

I had originally wanted to go with Essence, but dismissed it as an option because, due to my understanding, 1. Unless I choose a CQuartz coating, the priming feature is unecessary, and even with, seems to be some debate about whether it should be removed using a panel wipe, 2. One review (which I cannot find now) seems to suggest it is not actually removing the scratches, but merely filling them such that, if I am using a panel wipe, it seems to me it would be pointless to use Essence as I am not actually removing defects.

Am I incorrect in this?
    You don't need Essence and it is not required to use for a cquartz coating or any other coating. Essence has the same abrasives as Reflect but less of them. Meaning less cut than Reflect. As I stated in another thread, CarPro recommends a panel wipe with Essence. Any filling is minor.

Post Thanks / Like

New Car Coating (first time): CQuartz 3.0 or MOHS EVO - Overwhelmed with options!

Am I incorrect in this?
    You may be correct but miss the point. Leaves paint stunning for a coating to apply. I’m not sure the effectiveness of it priming and I panel wipe after.

Just finished down real nice. If it does leave a sio2 base that a coating will better adhere to then that’s just a bonus.

Also at its base form it’s a polish that may leave some sio2. Technically it should benefit all coatings as there is nothing special to let it “know” your coating is a CarPro coating…

No special “sio2 blend” no super secret adhering carrier solvents…

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12