autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: First go - ceramic coating, experienced detailer

Quote Originally Posted by Game View Post
    You guys really have me rethinking my intention of getting UK3.0.

AS A SIDE NOTE ..

UK3.0 is about 26% cheaper than Gyeon here in Australia.
    Flex 3401 & PE14

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Keep in mind that CarPro recommends two layers. Doesn’t mean you have to but if you want the max durability with it then two is the same ah to go.

CQUK is not slick. Hopefully it comes with Reload 2.0.
    The local distributor lists and pictures Reload 1.0.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danube View Post
    AS A SIDE NOTE ..

UK3.0 is about 26% cheaper than Gyeon here in Australia.
    About the same in Canada. Its only since the EVO Line they have came that close in prices actually. Before that Carpro was even more cheaper relative to gyeon, coatings wise.

But your probably fine with either. UK probably has been at or near the top of the pile longer.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I am am newb and went thru this last year on my new truck. Most on here don't like it...but I used Optinum Gloss Coat....because of easy application. I was able to get two full coats using 10cc on my F150. I did all the prep....boy that was a pain(a full day) I used it sparingly as thats what is suggested...thinking 10 cc would be good for one coat...nope got two full coats. I am about 10 months in and still beads like day one. I will probably decon and do another coat this summer...just because...I always gotta tinker.

So to the Op...it worked for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sippy2 View Post
    I am am newb and went thru this last year on my new truck. Most on here don't like it...but I used Optinum Gloss Coat....because of easy application. I was able to get two full coats using 10cc on my F150. I did all the prep....boy that was a pain(a full day) I used it sparingly as thats what is suggested...thinking 10 cc would be good for one coat...nope got two full coats. I am about 10 months in and still beads like day one. I will probably decon and do another coat this summer...just because...I always gotta tinker.

Nothing wrong with Gloss Coat.

Why would you think "most on here don't like it?"

Great to hear it's still kicking after the 10 months.....
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Paul A. View Post
    I like GTech CSL+EXO and i think they're easy to apply. I also like CanCoat Evo for customers.

I have a customer with a black Toyota Tacoma with CanCoat Evo that still has solid beading on the sides but not much on the top surfaces. That's 1. Black paint, 2. Applied 11 months ago (June '22), and 3. In FL sun all day, every day.

If it was mine I would reapply to top surfaces and when the sides give it up...time to redo everything.

I am truly impressed with CanCoat Evo and it's silly simple to apply.
    Do me a favor and try Mohs Evo. You will be much happier not having to apply multiple layers of a coating.

Thanks, the logical question is if I need 2 coats on each car, but the answer is likely the same as it should be with 845 - one coat is enough, but 2 coats wouldn't hurt at all.

Or maybe there is difference there and 2 coats of ceramic coating would improve durability drastically ?!?
    Depends on the coating. Gyeon Evo is now one layer for all their coatings other than Syncro Evo.

Cquartz recommends two. Do you need two? That is up to you. The reason they recommend two is for the best durability over one layer. Corey explains it at the 2:20 mark.

I'm leaning towards one coat only, to start with my first car.

The first time is always like that I guess, I'll need to get my things right to make it a success.

Another thought is that I would feel more comfortable if I coat panel by panel ..or maybe 2 at once!?

Apart from needing numerous applicators would you recommend doing so ?!? Lets say hood and roof today, trunk and back doors tomorrow, etc.

What do you think ?!?
    Depends on the coating and the flash time of that coating. Something like Mohs Evo that isn't happening. It flashes fast. With Pure Evo you certainly can. CQUK is pushing it but can be done depending on the temp and humidity. SiC yes that is possible.

I coat all in one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Game View Post
    You guys really have me rethinking my intention of getting UK3.0.
    CQUK 3.0 is a fantastic coating. The op wanted slickness and UK doesn't offer that. CQSiC offers that. More so than Mohs Evo but some find the flash time of SiC tricky where Mohs does the sweating effect.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Nothing wrong with Gloss Coat.

Why would you think "most on here don't like it?"

Great to hear it's still kicking after the 10 months.....
    Yeah there is. Its weak in overall comparison. It is why I never went back to it. Sure it is easy to use. All personal experience but it didn't last a year on the vehicles I applied it to.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Do me a favor and try Mohs Evo. You will be much happier not having to apply multiple layers of a coating.

Depends on the coating. Gyeon Evo is now one layer for all their coatings other than Syncro Evo.

Cquartz recommends two. Do you need two? That is up to you. The reason they recommend two is for the best durability over one layer. Corey explains it at the 2:20 mark.

Depends on the coating and the flash time of that coating. Something like Mohs Evo that isn't happening. It flashes fast. With Pure Evo you certainly can. CQUK is pushing it but can be done depending on the temp and humidity. SiC yes that is possible.

I coat all in one day.

CQUK 3.0 is a fantastic coating. The op wanted slickness and UK doesn't offer that. CQSiC offers that. More so than Mohs Evo but some find the flash time of SiC tricky where Mohs does the sweating effect.

Yeah there is. Its weak in overall comparison. It is why I never went back to it. Sure it is easy to use. All personal experience but it didn't last a year on the vehicles I applied it to.

Wow, thank you for this knowledgeable replies, so much to learn from you .

Flex 3401 & PE14

8. Likes The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cquartz 3.0 easy to apply and 2nd coat really just to ensure even coverage.

I decided to go with Pure over Mohs as from what I gathered it looks better than Mohs. Mohs will protect a little better.

You should be fine with any. Nowadays easy as a sealant just have to pay a little more attention

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Aghh, I actually like one coat and as slicky as possible. Wrong product for my liking obviously.

Will change my order now to Gyeon Q2 MOHS EVO
    I wouldn't worry about that too much.

We put a layer of CQUK 3.0 on a panel of a co-worker's car last year, and it's performing beautifully.

Also, Miranda installed one layer to a mini van, and during the maintained wash it looked to be performing beautifully.

For maximum slickness, I'd top it with Gliss though. Gliss would also be a very good starter coating. It has a very easy application removal. Very straight forward.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sippy2 View Post

That was my first coating, the Optimum Gloss Coat.

It is also the only ceramic coating I offer to my customers. One layer, ready to release in an hour, looks great, easy to use, easy to maintain, no harsh vapors, no need to junk the applicators or towels after use, works great with my recommended maintenance products.

The people who've had me install it absolutely love it. The first one I did was for a neighbor here in the condo complex in 2017, and he's loving it!

12. Likes opie liked this post
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast