autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: First go - ceramic coating, experienced detailer

Quote Originally Posted by Texchappy View Post
    CanCoat Evo! Easy and great looking. Second recommendation would be CQuartz UK 3.0.
    Looks like Can Coat is only sufficient for up to 6 months and I wanted a ceramic product that will last at least 1yr or more..

Gyeon CanCoat EVO 200mL (Durability 6 Months)
    Flex 3401 & PE14

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danube View Post
    Looks like Can Coat is only sufficient for up to 6 months and I wanted a ceramic product that will last at least 1yr or more..

That’s the old one. The new one is listed at a year. Fwiw, both have been known to last longer.

Post Thanks / Like

Likely multi year coating and of course slickness is important.
    Seeing oyu are in Australia I believe you can get these brands at a similar cost in the states.

CarPro SiC
    Gyeon Mohs Evo
    Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light topped with Exo V5.

SiC is the slickest of all these. Mohs Evo would be the next one. Mohs would be the easier of the two to apply.

If you go with Gtechniq then you need to use Exo as CSL is not that hydrophobic.

Here in Ozz we have CQuartz (not UK), the dealer suggests the following:

Note: CQuartz is a slower cure compared to its similar brother CQuartz UK. The coatings themselves are virtually identical, however their curing times differ as UK is a faster cure, and CQuartz is slower.
    SiC will take longer to flash upon wipe off unlike Cquartz UK. SiC is also much slicker than UK where UK is more durable than SiC. They both cure the same but the flash times are different when wiping them off during the application process.

The new Evo version is rated at 1 year and it will likely exceed that as the original one exceeded the 6 month claim. Gyeon is conservative in their claims.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Cancoat is pretty easy to re-apply in 6-8mths. Mine is going strong since Oct 2021 with 2 top ups of polish angel's rapidwaxx. You can use cancoat on literally every exterior surface of your car too. Excluding the windshield, tires etc

I've only used colly 845 a few times but i think you will be happy with cancoat if you like beading. Personally i never liked colly 845, i actually threw out half a bottle lastnight lol I've decided to get rid of some of the stuff i know i will never use again.

Post Thanks / Like

Waxit do in fact sell Cquartz UK -

Get CarPro CQuartz UK 3.0 Edition | Waxit – Waxit Car Care

My first coatings were Gyeon Can Coat EVO (12 months) and Gyeon Pure EVO (36 months), both are not what I would call slick, but both are very easy to use.

As others have mentioned, look at Crystal Serum Light with EXO or Gyeon Mohs EVO, both are easy / forgiving to apply.

What I like about Can Coat is that it is truly that gateway Guz described, it gets you into the zone in terms of being methodical with your application and wipe off. You can then maintain the coating with appropriate drying aids to add some slickness to the equation. If I was to go back and do the Jaguar again, I would go with Mohs EVO for the slickness. Other than that, I have really enjoyed using these two Gyeon coatings.

6. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

After many years of using traditional wax (mostly 845) I decided to do my wife's Lancer with ceramic coating.

My Q is: what ceramic coating you suggest for novice ?

- Something that may be a bit forgivable, easier to use ?

The paint correction process is almost completed (boot left only), time to think about the coating.

Curious if you will make the same full circle as I did. I tried two different coatings and eventually found myself using Collinite again haha.
    2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

8. Likes Danube liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I used to recommend CarPro CQuartz UK 3.0 to everyone looking for a multi-year coating. It is pretty forgiving in application and just flat out works well. It's durable, has great water behavior, and looks pretty good too. However, after my recent use of Gyeon Mohs EVO, that suggestion might be changing. I found the Mohs EVO application to be way easier with the faster flash time and near-effortless removal.

Since I'm only a few weeks into my first application I'm not ready to change my recommendation, but the scales are tipping.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

10. Likes noorth, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've only had experience with Gtechniq CSL+EXOV4 and then with Cquartz SiC.

Gtechniq was way easier to determine when to level off as both CSL and EXO would 'sweat' indicating time to level.

As other's said, SiC is a bit tricky to determine when to level. I only did a door on my Golf R and the spoiler on my Edge with the SiC, so not a lot of time to determine best process.

Post Thanks / Like

I like GTech CSL+EXO and i think they're easy to apply. I also like CanCoat Evo for customers.

I have a customer with a black Toyota Tacoma with CanCoat Evo that still has solid beading on the sides but not much on the top surfaces. That's 1. Black paint, 2. Applied 11 months ago (June '22), and 3. In FL sun all day, every day.

If it was mine I would reapply to top surfaces and when the sides give it up...time to redo everything.

I am truly impressed with CanCoat Evo and it's silly simple to apply.

13. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PouncingPanzer View Post
    Curious if you will make the same full circle as I did. I tried two different coatings and eventually found myself using Collinite again haha.
    I'll give it a go fist and see ..

The whole ceramic story appears to provide good longevity, which is what I'm interested in, apart from other parameters of the ceramic coating.
    Flex 3401 & PE14

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast