autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Getting the annual polish in while on baby's time.

Even though i have blocked these spammers and reported them as spam....i can still see them on the main feed page. This is getting really annoying lol

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

2. Likes Coatingsarecrack, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    Even though i have blocked these spammers and reported them as spam....i can still see them on the main feed page. This is getting really annoying lol

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
    Same here. I even PM'd Admins.

Nothing.

This forum is completely abandoned by anyone at AutoGeek.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

4. Likes opie, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Got both sides done this weekend. Only the rear bumper cover remains. I should be able to finish this week and then next weekend put a coat of 915 in the entire car. Going forward this summer should be simple maintenance washes or rinseless wipe-downs. Ideally.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
    2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

6. Likes noorth, Hammer77 liked this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Still too cold for my yearly polish but i have been getting used to rinseless washes, finally. Lots of waterspots from cancoat that's for sure - but i've experienced waterspots with all LSP's. Not sure if it's cancoat or I'm just noticing more and more...lol Breakout carpro's spotless this week after having it for months.

I was going to just layer over cancoat - its about 6 or 7 mths old - but the waterspots are annoying me i will just go ahead and use my new cordless polisher. Shouldn't take long on the horizontal panels, they get the most love.

8. Likes PouncingPanzer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    Still too cold for my yearly polish but i have been getting used to rinseless washes, finally. Lots of waterspots from cancoat that's for sure - but i've experienced waterspots with all LSP's. Not sure if it's cancoat or I'm just noticing more and more...lol Breakout carpro's spotless this week after having it for months.

I was going to just layer over cancoat - its about 6 or 7 mths old - but the waterspots are annoying me i will just go ahead and use my new cordless polisher. Shouldn't take long on the horizontal panels, they get the most love.
    Spotting on coatings is why I gave up on them. I just never had luck with them through the winters. I still blame the harsh liquid deicers they use heavily on freeways here. The spotting never simply removed with chemicals(tried Carpros and Optimums water spot removers, no luck) either, and in both cases I found myself polishing the coatings off to get a nice clearcoat once more. Hence back to "wax" for me. IF it spots and I need to remove it, that is less painful than the same scenario with a coating that took me longer to install. Good luck removing those spots!
    2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

10. Thanks noorth thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys liked this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PouncingPanzer View Post
    Spotting on coatings is why I gave up on them. I just never had luck with them through the winters. I still blame the harsh liquid deicers they use heavily on freeways here. The spotting never simply removed with chemicals(tried Carpros and Optimums water spot removers, no luck) either, and in both cases I found myself polishing the coatings off to get a nice clearcoat once more. Hence back to "wax" for me. IF it spots and I need to remove it, that is less painful than the same scenario with a coating that took me longer to install. Good luck removing those spots!
    Yeah maybe it's not a coincidence. The car is peppered in waterspots, i can't say i ever noticed so many...

12. Likes PouncingPanzer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

DONE

Top coat of No. 915 went on yesterday, finished around 9PM. Using a machine sped the process up. Put a decent amount on a black Lake Country finishing pad and set speed to 1. Zipped across panel, waited one minute, and buffed off with a 500gsm edgeless towel. Feels good getting the annual spa treatment done despite hurdles and other responsibilities. Next checkpoint will be October when preparing for winter. With used car prices I suspect the GLI will see next winter. I'll do what I can to prepare. If it comes to that I will likely go back to Jescar Ultra Lock Plus the durability of that sealant is wild and when I lived the apartment life it treated my neglected car good. Hopefully it won't come to that!

14. Likes Uncbrs, noorth liked this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234