autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Questions on Gyeon CanCoat Evo and its application

Quote Originally Posted by DanaDetailingPros View Post
    Stupid question but I also live near you Guz and what does our pollen look like? I have a fresh dark redish dust all over after a day of siting. 3 days. Forgetaboutit!
    It’s yellow in my area.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok I just got Cancoat and tried it for the 1st time on a customers vehicle… But lets say he were to not pick it up for another day or 2. Does that mean I can’t give it a last minute quick detail wipedown? I just noticed it says no washing for a week?

3. Likes opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Ok I just got Cancoat and tried it for the 1st time on a customers vehicle… But lets say he were to not pick it up for another day or 2. Does that mean I can’t give it a last minute quick detail wipedown? I just noticed it says no washing for a week?

The instrunction booklet says not to wash with strong detergents for 14 days. So, you should be fine to give the car a wipe down with something like ONR or Absolute.

5. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Tested out a can of cancoat evo i opened on 4/22/2022 yesterday. Did a decon on the wifes jeep, i only applied it to the roof. Had some rain coming in the morning so didnt want to chance it with the whole vehicle. Ill do the rest another time. Mainly i needed to test if the old can was still good. No issues so im going to finish out the old can first b4 i bust out the new one.

Side note, i used the thin rectangular autofiber applicators. Did smaller sections and found it to be so much easier to use that previous times.

Tha ks crack for the applicator reccomendation!

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

7. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m surprised Gyeon doesn’t put tamper proof seals on their product bottles to ensure freshness and of course prevent tampering. It just screams low quality overall.

9. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the Gyeon bottle is complete crap , considering that it contains an expensive product that is crystalline susceptible. I dumped the bottle, and moved it all to a glass mason jar that hermetically seals, and then put it all in a Ziploc. So far eight months in, it’s still perfect. I use a medicine dropper to dispense it Onto my applicators…
    Glen -

11. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I just finished using Cancoat Evo for the 3rd time. I like its results on the paint so far. Applications a breeze. Water behavior isn’t as thrilling as I expected but at least it’s definitely there, which can’t be said for the recent “ceramic sealant” I bought not too long ago.

So far 2 of the sprayers are clogged, and I’m taking the 3rd one more serious this time as I don’t want to be left without any of their sprayers by my own fault… But that’s not a problem.

What is a problem however, 1. No tamper proof seal. Already mentioned that though.

2. And I’m starting to think this may be a legit big deal, I’m kinda shocked that Gyeon doesn’t put a clear warning on the box about wearing PPE when using this stuff. Looking at the bottle just now, I think it mentions something in fine print, but I honestly can’t even read it right now, and I consider myself to have pretty good eyesight. Has anyone else felt this way after using this stuff? Or am I overthinking a bit?

Post Thanks / Like

Questions on Gyeon CanCoat Evo and its application

I just finished using Cancoat Evo for the 3rd time. I like its results on the paint so far. Applications a breeze. Water behavior isn’t as thrilling as I expected but at least it’s definitely there, which can’t be said for the recent “ceramic sealant” I bought not too long ago.

So far 2 of the sprayers are clogged, and I’m taking the 3rd one more serious this time as I don’t want to be left without any of their sprayers by my own fault… But that’s not a problem.

What is a problem however, 1. No tamper proof seal. Already mentioned that though.

2. And I’m starting to think this may be a legit big deal, I’m kinda shocked that Gyeon doesn’t put a clear warning on the box about wearing PPE when using this stuff. Looking at the bottle just now, I think it mentions something in fine print, but I honestly can’t even read it right now, and I consider myself to have pretty good eyesight. Has anyone else felt this way after using this stuff? Or am I overthinking a bit?
    I use an eyedropper for 2 reasons. So I don’t have to worry about clogged sprayers and less product vapors in air from spraying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Likes Jackismydog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    I use an eyedropper for 2 reasons. So I don’t have to worry about clogged sprayers and less product vapors in air from spraying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The simple vapors from trying to clear the sprayer out with water in the backyard is what got me. Not to mention after I was done and washed my hands at least twice, I had a spot on my hand that felt just like dried Crazy Glue on me.

Post Thanks / Like

The simple vapors from trying to clear the sprayer out with water in the backyard is what got me. Not to mention after I was done and washed my hands at least twice, I had a spot on my hand that felt just like dried Crazy Glue on me.
    I wear nitrile gloves while using cancoat or any glass bottle ceramic coating. Never had any issues with product on skin.

Cancoat contains napatha, so yeah in a very confined or indoor space with little ventilation the vapors may be a bit strong for some

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

17. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast