autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Pressure Washer Opinions wanted

Hey Gang

Looking to replace my 5+ year old baby Ryobi (baby like it's just a lil guy, not that it's a prized possession! 1600/1.2gpm). Trying to decide what route to go. Use will largely be split between pressure washing the house and car use (pre rinses, foam cannon work, etc).

Obviously anything is an upgrade from what I've got right now. To be perfectly honest, not having had a pressure washer before I've been happy with the lil Ryobi. For doing the house they make a 16' extendable setup that makes it so I can do the whole house without having to clamber around on a ladder, so if I went super high output I could see that turning into quite the workout.

While I'm a buy-right-buy-once guy, I'm trying to keep it under $400. Also needs to be a 15amp unit - the wiring was very poorly thought through at my house and on top of barely having any outlets in the garage/outside they're all 15 amp. Doing the outside of the house I end up having to move the unit around a bunch and make use of both hose spigots outside. Side note, I'm not currently in the market for changing hoses, so I'd like to stick with the M22/M14 connections to be able to use my extension hose.

Originally I was leaning towards getting the 2300psi 1.5gpm AR Blueclean Maxx from Griot's. I know you can get it for a few bucks cheaper through other means, but I've had such positive experiences with their customer service I figured I'd go through them. They've got their whole lifetime guarantee thing; though full disclaimer I totally understand that a Pressure Washer has wear and tear written all over it, so my expectations are realistic.

It's hard not to look at the Active V2 unit with the higher GPM. Has anyone seen/heard how the newer gen is holding up? I thought I had read the first gen had various issues that killed my interest in it.

Any other washers out there worth taking a look at?

Thanks all for their input.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pressure Washer Opinions wanted

BigBoi Collection | Blowr's, Washr's & Illumr – Page 2 – ibigboi.com

Copied this on the other forum question as well for you.
    Big Boi has come out with alot more products since they hit the ground running.

3. Thanks oneheadlite thanked for this post
    Likes oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been very satisfied with my SunJoe SPX3000, although I know the outlet is M22-15....you just need an adapter to go M22-14. I'm building a wash cart, and I ordered the Active VE-56. Got it from Amazon and used some gift cards....did not really have the budget for the new one. Supposedly, they worked out the bugs on them, and the more recently produced units do not have the issues that the earlier ones did....we shall see.

5. Thanks oneheadlite thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    I've been very satisfied with my SunJoe SPX3000, although I know the outlet is M22-15....you just need an adapter to go M22-14
    Agreed - Sunjoe SPX3000..... I would also suggest MTMHydro upgrades:
    * Full Quick connect setup for hoses and gun
    * SGS28 gun with Swivel
    * Extended Lance - I prefer 18" - but options are there for desired length
    * Cobra Jet Hose - 50 ft
    * PF22 Foam Cannon

FYI - Pretty sure Sunjoe uses 14MM M22 on the outlet - but MTM has EVERY connection you need to create the perfect setup - just call them and they'll ensure you have all the bases covered! They also have kit packages to save a few bucks when buying all at once...

The above makes a great mid tier PW setup for consumer use - I'm on year 5 of this setup - only had to replace two tips (MTM has cheap replacements) and my lance quick connect in that time otherwise rock solid!

7. Thanks oneheadlite, Game thanked for this post
    Likes oneheadlite, Jackismydog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by grovlet View Post
    Pretty sure Sunjoe uses 14MM M22 on the outlet - but MTM has EVERY connection you need to create the perfect setup - just call them and they'll ensure you have all the bases covered! They also have kit packages to save a few bucks when buying all at once..
    I actually called SunJoe a couple of weeks ago to get the info.....the person on the phone told me M22-15....but they could easily have been wrong...I'm hoping that they weren't

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Active VE52. Think that's the first gen.
    Really like it. It's my first electric pw, so coming from a gas unit, it's a step down in volume and pressure.

But perfect for car washing!

10. Thanks oneheadlite thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by craigdt View Post
    I have the Active VE52. Think that's the first gen.
    Really like it. It's my first electric pw, so coming from a gas unit, it's a step down in volume and pressure.

But perfect for car washing!
    Lol.

I finally broke down and bought a SunJoe 3000 last year. Like you said, perfect for car washes. And it is a thousand times quieter.

But compared to my gas unit, anything else like blowing dirt off of the walks or moss/algae off of the deck is joke.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

12. Likes oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    I actually called SunJoe a couple of weeks ago to get the info.....the person on the phone told me M22-15....but they could easily have been wrong...I'm hoping that they weren't
    Looking at the obsessed garage chart, looks like all the SunJoe stuff is 22-15.

Thanks all for the input so far!

Post Thanks / Like

Pressure Washer Opinions wanted

I’ve had this ryobi since 8/2018

It’s been great for home use with the PSI. I do wish it had a little more GPM but it’s been good enough to get a good snow foam once I stopped chasing shaving cream thick foam.

I got it with this PW and an MTM pf22. Found out that it was too heavy and fell off in clumps. You want foam thick but runny.

I bought this because at the time I couldn’t find too many cheap PW with a brushless motor.

When I bought it it was $229 but I got $50 off because of box damage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Thanks oneheadlite thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

From a performance vs price point of view, either of the Active's would be hard to beat.

I would also look at the Karcher Cube models, these have standard M22 fittings which will make upgrades easier. They don't match the Active 2.0 for GPM though.

K2100 | Karcher Canada
    K1800 | Karcher Canada

17. Thanks oneheadlite thanked for this post
    Likes Jackismydog, oneheadlite liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast