autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Using snow foam to wash car

You guys don’t think that a pressure washer can damage paint? Think again.

I don’t think that power rinsing your car first WILL cause marring, only that there is a rationale behind the idea of foaming it first.

You can wash your car however you like, makes no difference to me. Bruh.
    ​Al Schmidt
    "Adventure, is a car called Riviera..."

2. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Using snow foam to wash car

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerRivFan View Post
    You guys don’t think that a pressure washer can damage paint? Think again.

I don’t think that power rinsing your car first WILL cause marring
    That’s gotta be the quickest retreat of opinion I’ve ever seen.Using snow foam to wash carlol.

Honestly though, if I had a pressure washer, I’d have a foam cannon, and if I had a foam cannon I’d likely go anal more often than not on vehicles that mattered [which means about 80% of the time] and I guess foam, rinse, foam, wash… But I could also see that getting old quick because it sounds like it may be a bit overkill or time consuming. But I’ve never had that routine so I can’t say for sure. Seems satisfying though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    To take it even further, that would make it somehow possible to get swirls from driving a really dirty car in heavy rain.
    Does rain at 70 mph come anywhere near the pressure of water from at pressure washer spitting out water at 1800 psi? I'm not sure but I doubt it.

Regardless, I first presoak with a rinseless wash since I suppose it (or maybe APC?) does the best job incapsulating stuff on the paint. Let it dwell and emulsify while doing wheels, rinse paint and wheels then spray the paint with more rinseless if doing a rinseless wash or foam if a traditional wash for lubrication during the contact wash.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bert31 View Post
    Does rain at 70 mph come anywhere near the pressure of water from at pressure washer spitting out water at 1800 psi? I'm not sure but I doubt it.

Regardless, I first presoak with a rinseless wash since I suppose it (or maybe APC?) does the best job incapsulating stuff on the paint. Let it dwell and emulsify while doing wheels, rinse paint and wheels then spray the paint with more rinseless if doing a rinseless wash or foam if a traditional wash for lubrication during the contact wash.
    I would tend to agree with your thoughts on the water.

As far as your pre wash method, if it works for you, cool. Just be careful not letting APC dry if it’s in direct sun. Certain wheels & tires can take like 20min. depending on alot of factors.

6. Likes oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting...I never really thought about a rinseless for a pre-soak....but I understand your choice. just out of curiosity...which rinseless do you use? I've been using Bilt Hamber Touchless as a pre-soak on coated vehicles, but am kind of sheepish about using it on any less of an LSP

8. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    Interesting...I never really thought about a rinseless for a pre-soak....but I understand your choice. just out of curiosity...which rinseless do you use? I've been using Bilt Hamber Touchless as a pre-soak on coated vehicles, but am kind of sheepish about using it on any less of an LSP
    For now I am finishing up my gallon of ONR and plan to give DIY Detail's Rinseless Wash a try due all the positive feedback on this board and others I have heard about it. My plan is to presoak by putting about a quarter of mixed solution in a IKR foamer and foam it on the car thinking that will do an even better job.

I assume you are saying Bilt Hammer's Touchless is very strong and impairs waxes and sealants? If so, that or Feynlab's rinseless wash may be my presoak for cars that are coated or I want ro remove the previous wax or sealant to put some other protection on it and use DIY for my less aggressive presoaks if that makes sense.

Post Thanks / Like

For now I am finishing up my gallon of ONR and plan to give DIY Detail's Rinseless Wash a try due all the positive feedback on this board and others I have heard about it. My plan is to presoak by putting about a quarter of mixed solution in a IKR foamer and foam it on the car thinking that will do an even better job.

I assume you are saying Bilt Hammer's Touchless is very strong and impairs waxes and sealants? If so, that or Feynlab's rinseless wash may be my presoak for cars that are coated or I want ro remove the previous wax or sealant to put some other protection on it and use DIY for my less aggressive presoaks if that makes sense.
    I reached out to Bilt Hamber.....was told Touchless at 4% PIR is safe for coated vehicles, but even at that dilution, could possibly degrade sealants and/or waxes. I decided to proceed on the side of caution when using it as a pre-soak.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123