autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Using snow foam to wash car

You're such a bogan! ��

2. Likes Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Rinse car
    2. APC pre-soak
    3. Rinse
    4. Two bucket
    5. Rinse/dry

4. Likes WhiteShadow89 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

How does “foam” work in dry conditions? Out here in AZ I find on a 65 degree day in the shade, Doing a rinseless wash one panel at a time, evaporation is fast!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    Regardless of your method, there is always the potential to induce some type of marring during the wash phase. As Bill D indicated, his method is one of many that will reduce the chances of that occurring. I prefer to use a pre-wash foam (Bilt Hamber Touchless for me) first, to do the heavy lifting and carry the bulk of the dirt away. After rinsing that off, I will then wash with multiple mitts....but that's just me.
    That’s my new method and I find it works much better than just rinsing first. I find that using Auto Foam (switching to Touchless when it runs out) pretty much gets my car clean and the contact wash is just to remove that last little bit of leftover dirt. I use a few Autofiber Double Flip cloths to make sure any removed dirt never enters my wash bucket.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    Does anyone else get "dirty" looks from neighbours when the foam runs down the driveway onto the footpath, I think they don't like walking through, or having to step over the rinsed off foam.
    It’s probably just in your head..

But even if they are ‘upset’, they’re probably the same type of folks who grumble about how people today are lazy and nobody plays outside anymore like they used to.

But once someone actually does either of those things they find another reason to be upset over what that person is now doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Thanks Prange thanked for this post
    Likes DFB, Prange liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerRivFan View Post
    I’ll play devils advocate here and suggest that you should FOAM first, and then RINSE.

Why?

Because water is not a lubricant. If you power wash all the dirt and grit first you run a greater risk of marring the paint by blasting it with your pressure washer.

Better to foam first, allowing the foam to dwell and begin to break down the contaminants while providing lubrication to then power rinse as much away as possible before beginning to do a contact wash.

If you don’t want to foam first you could alternatively use a rinseless wash to pretreat all the panels before pressure rinsing, again with the idea of encapsulating the surface dirt and providing lubrication.

Not convinced? I’m just repeating what I’ve heard from Yvan Lacroix in the past.

You do you however Using snow foam to wash car.
    I will play devils advocate as well. This all sounds good and the theory sounds good. But there is no proof of this other than Yvan stating it. Not saying he is wrong but there is no proof and nobody has tried to capture this to show proof.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CleanIT View Post
    1. Rinse car
    2. APC pre-soak
    3. Rinse
    4. Two bucket
    5. Rinse/dry
    Op- Going to second the above CleanIT. That rinse in-between the foam and shampoo helps avoid the risk of product drying on a hot summer day, or even just a day with intense sunlight.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    I will play devils advocate as well. This all sounds good and the theory sounds good. But there is no proof of this other than Yvan stating it. Not saying he is wrong but there is no proof and nobody has tried to capture this to show proof.
    where are those myth busters when you need 'em?...bet they could come up with some way of testing it

12. Likes The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerRivFan View Post
    I’ll play devils advocate here and suggest that you should FOAM first, and then RINSE.

Why?

Because water is not a lubricant. If you power wash all the dirt and grit first you run a greater risk of marring the paint by blasting it with your pressure washer.

Better to foam first, allowing the foam to dwell and begin to break down the contaminants while providing lubrication to then power rinse as much away as possible before beginning to do a contact wash.

If you don’t want to foam first you could alternatively use a rinseless wash to pretreat all the panels before pressure rinsing, again with the idea of encapsulating the surface dirt and providing lubrication.

Not convinced? I’m just repeating what I’ve heard from Yvan Lacroix in the past.

You do you however Using snow foam to wash car.
    Marring the paint by using high pressure rinse? I honestly don’t believe that’s a realistic possibility. To take it even further, that would make it somehow possible to get swirls from driving a really dirty car in heavy rain.

Water isn’t a lubricant?

Car wash soap isn’t a detergent.

-Car wash shampoo drying on a vehicle is less of a concern than plain water from the hose drying on a vehicle because car wash shampoo doesn’t cause water spots, water causes water spots.

Post Thanks / Like

Mar the paint by power washing it? Bruh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Likes Eldorado2k, The Guz liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast