autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 71 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rinseless Washes - 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Texchappy View Post
    I think the rise on iron removers has most to do with the rise of coatings? My understanding is that clay degrades/abrades coatings where iron removers do much the same without damaging the coating.
    Good point. However iron removers aren’t able to remove bonded contaminants and make rough paint smooth.

2. Likes PaulMys, SNP209, dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Back to the OP......... I like WG Uber and ONR.

Slight edge to Uber because of the slickness.

Of course, this is strictly my opinion.

I think rinseless wash arguments/debates get more heated than LSP ones.....
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

4. Thanks noorth thanked for this post
    Likes DFB, dlc95, 01GreyStangGT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I am a huge rinseless fan. I haven't done a traditional wash in 4 years. I agree that ONR is still one of the best rinseless washes on the market. I recently tried P&S Absolute and I really loved it. I ended up ordering a gallon after trying the 32 ounce bottle. Cleans really well, nice slickness, and the smell is addictive. As I mentioned in another thread, my neighbor walked by as I was washing my car with Absolute. He actually complimented the way my car smelled. I've never been complimented on how my car smells until I used Absolute.

I also want to give a shout out for Duragloss 932. This is a rinseless wash that also has some Duragloss Aquawax in it. I recommend it as well.

6. Likes noorth, DFB, dlc95, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    Great product!

You can definitely use it as a rinsless per CarPro's designation. A competing limited sky vendor has a video explaining all of it's uses, and included is its use as a rinseless.

I actually gave away my stock of CarPro yesterday. Actually it was more of a Christmas gift / tanks for getting me the job. Included was a gallon, and a 16oz bottle of concentrate, and a full trigger bottle of diluted Ech2o.

I LOVE the carpro line and find then to be of exceptional quality. I'm just trying to minimize and streamline my personal inventory with what fits me and my personality best.
    Quote Originally Posted by BadgerRivFan View Post
    Not to derail this thread, but do you feel that iron removers are unnecessary and dare I say “snake oil?”
    Just posted a thread on this subject only to have to come to my own conclusion. YES it's worth the high price tag! If your going to detail a car that hasn't been touched for awhile. Then ABSOLUTELY. It's been my most crucial step to decontaminating the paint. Then when you clay, it makes for such a smoother ride. Not to mention safer. I do more high end cars in my area and I'm always about "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure!"
    Then I use reset.
    Now's when the fun begins

8. Thanks noorth thanked for this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crg001 View Post
    Yeah there are a ton of options out there. Some of the products I've tried: N914 (went through a gallon), Adam's, Ech2O, Absolute, ADG Wipeout, ADG Fuzion, Wolfgang, Wolfgang SiO2.

I will keep chasing that rinseless dragon, but ONR/Feynlab are still the kings, IMO of course.
    Thanks. You clearly used a lot more rinseless washes than me. Maybe i should just chase the dragon lol I like that man.

10. Likes crg001 liked this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    I have a gallon of Ech20. It’s all I use for rinseless. Going on about three or four years now.
    What's your dilution ratio? Towels and/or sponges? I have the big gold sponge coming but I'm still going to throw some towels in the bucket for the lower panels i think. Or maybe i won't even like the sponge at all.

I think i will just continue to chase the dragon lol I still have some ech20 left and i will probably get the 1L bottle next time. I might even try ONR it still gets a lot of love and it's the cheapest here.

There's some truth that most of us look for the new best thing of course but ONR still stands tall it seems...just rambling. Not directed towards anyone in particular.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is the thing. They all work and do a good job.

CarPro EcH2O - Can be used as rinseless wash. It was an afterthought but it can be used. It does a good job and will leave one of the best finishes on the paint. The dilution isn't the most cost effective but for an enthusiast that is a non -issue. It will take a long time to go through the bottle.

ONR - Still good and does a good job. It is debatable if it is still king in my experience using the old version and the current version. Offers ok lubricity during the wash process.

P&S Absolute - P&S did a great job developing their own rinseless from the ground up. It is more viscous but it mixes up just fine. It does a good job cleaning. Better lubricity during the wash process compared to ONR. One thing I noticed with it is that my towels get more damp during the drying process. Similar to N914. Dilution is on par with ONR.

DIY Detail - Yvan brought his knowledge to this one and it shows. Takes the benefit of polymers and surfactants to do a very good job cleaning. Has one of the best characteristics in releasing dirt from any of the sponges. I would say it is the best at the moment. Offers good lubricity during the wash process. One other attribute is this one can foam if using it in a foaming pump sprayer which comes in handy when using it on heaver dirt or on wheels. The more I use it the more I like it over the others. Dilution is on par with ONR.

ADG Wipeout - This one is pretty good. It resembles ONR quite a bit but with better lubricity during the washing process. It is a half step behind ONR, Absolute and DIY. Makes an excellent glass cleaner. Dilution is on par with ONR.

ADG Fuzion - Like wipeout this one is pretty good. This one contains surfactants which will make it foam. The dilution is 1:128 so not the most cost effective but again for an enthusiast it is non-issue. Works great when paired with Wipeout to use Fuzion for its foaming capability and Wipeout for its rinseless capability.

Feynlab Pure Rinseless - Best use is for deep cleaning a coating. Its Achilles heel is on glass. It needs a follow up to remove the residue. It is not meant for waxes and sealants as it will remove them especially if they are older. I have used it as a prep wash prior to polishing and it removed whatever wax or sealant was on the paint. This one is pretty heavy on surfactants. It also does not like to be wiped off using a drying aid as it will negate that product. Best to dry it and come back when the surface is a little dry for the drying aid to work properly.

Wolfgang Uber - I personally did not like it. I felt it lacking when comparing it to ONR long ago.

McKee's N914 - Still a good product. It cleans well and has good lubricity during the wash process. Sill better at cleaning than ONR and Absolute. It works the best as a clay lubricant that all the others. Dilution is on par with ONR, Absolute, DIY. This one also has the characteristic of leaving the drying towel more damp similar to Absolute.

Adams - I won't go into detail as they just reformulated their rinsless and have named it hoseless wash. I will be picking up a bottle of it.

Oberk - I will be purchasing a bottle of it as well.

I won't go into wash and coat or wash and wax versions.

I have used sponges and multiple towels. My preference is the sponge as it is more efficient and I can breeze quick over the car. I also don't need to wash a dozen or so towels. The ultra black sponge is the better of all the current available sponges.

13. Thanks opie, Bruno Soares, CleanIT, Diner, VitreousHumor and 3 others thanked for this post
    Likes DFB, BudgetPlan1, dlc95, CleanIT, joebruin77 and 8 others liked this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Great post Mike!! I hope you hit the 2000 soon dude. One of the better youtube channels.

For anyone reading look up Mike G on youtube.

I will probably try oberk too i always liked that patterson guy - he knows his stuff for sure. Sole will probably be my next polish. Look forward to the review.

One question: What dilution do you use for ech20? 1:200? It does leave a very nice shine that is why it's on top of my possible gallon list. But i should just chase the dragon i think lol

15. Thanks 392hemi thanked for this post
    Likes DFB, The Guz, 392hemi liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crg001 View Post
    Honestly, at this point I've given almost every rinseless product out there a fair shake and I still keep going back to good old fashioned ONR. To me, it's the easiest to dry up, the best at the one-bucket sponge wash, and it has enough cleaning power for most needs. It gives the water the best consistency to my preference and I feel like it has the others still beat on its ability to encapsulate.

If I need a stronger rinseless, I skip the b.s. and go straight to Feynlab Pure Rinseless.

Between the two, I don't really need anything else.
    Like I mentioned elsewhere, I'm more of the "commit to one and learn the daylights out of it" approach.

ONR is my personal choice. Simply, it does what I need it to do, predictably, consistently.

17. Thanks crg001 thanked for this post
    Likes CleanIT, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Yes, but the recommendation to use it as a rinseless wasn’t an idea that spawned from the manufacturer, it was an idea that came from the detailing community/customers. It wasn’t until then that they gave their blessing, but the 1st testers did so through their own desire.

Similar to “drying aids”

The manufacturers didn’t come up with drying aids, the detailing community came up with that and not saying it’s a dumb idea but it partly is at the very least somewhat if not completely unnecessary or the manufacturer’s would’ve marketed it long before some enthusiast made it popular.

It’s their job to come up with new products. I’d be willing to bet they thought of “drying aid” but it probably got left on the chopping block due to it seeming unnecessary… But heck if they really want to buy it, then sell it to them. For example just look at iron removers.
    Haha!

I hate iron removers...

But - back in the late 90's Meguiar's had a spry wax that I believe they recommended it's use as a drying aid. I might still have the bottle. If so I'll report back.

As far as drying aids go, I can't see the need to make a specific label for one, when a spray wax or qd type product should work.

19. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
Page 3 of 71 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast