autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 71 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rinseless Washes - 2022

Quote Originally Posted by crg001 View Post
    Honestly, at this point I've given almost every rinseless product out there a fair shake and I still keep going back to good old fashioned ONR. To me, it's the easiest to dry up, the best at the one-bucket sponge wash, and it has enough cleaning power for most needs. It gives the water the best consistency to my preference and I feel like it has the others still beat on its ability to encapsulate.

If I need a stronger rinseless, I skip the b.s. and go straight to Feynlab Pure Rinseless.

Between the two, I don't really need anything else.
    Sounds convincing.

2. Likes crg001 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

On Corey’s website it specifically says it can be used as a rinseless. IMHO it works great but at higher dilution rates as others and is less cost effective for really no benefits as a rinseless over others.

4. Likes noorth liked this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Honestly, at this point I've given almost every rinseless product out there a fair shake and I still keep going back to good old fashioned ONR. To me, it's the easiest to dry up, the best at the one-bucket sponge wash, and it has enough cleaning power for most needs. It gives the water the best consistency to my preference and I feel like it has the others still beat on its ability to encapsulate.

If I need a stronger rinseless, I skip the b.s. and go straight to Feynlab Pure Rinseless.

Between the two, I don't really need anything else.
    Not to doubt you but there are a number of rinsesless washes. I'm going to order infinity wax zero water soon too.

Post Thanks / Like

Rinseless Washes - 2022

Quote Originally Posted by vobro View Post
    On Corey’s website it specifically says it can be used as a rinseless. IMHO it works great but at higher dilution rates as others and is less cost effective for really no benefits as a rinseless over others.
    Yes, but the recommendation to use it as a rinseless wasn’t an idea that spawned from the manufacturer, it was an idea that came from the detailing community/customers. It wasn’t until then that they gave their blessing, but the 1st testers did so through their own desire.

Similar to “drying aids”

The manufacturers didn’t come up with drying aids, the detailing community came up with that and not saying it’s a dumb idea but it partly is at the very least somewhat if not completely unnecessary or the manufacturer’s would’ve marketed it long before some enthusiast made it popular.

It’s their job to come up with new products. I’d be willing to bet they thought of “drying aid” but it probably got left on the chopping block due to it seeming unnecessary… But heck if they really want to buy it, then sell it to them. For example just look at iron removers.

7. Likes PaulMys, noorth, dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    Not to doubt you but there are a number of rinsesless washes. I'm going to order infinity wax zero water soon too.
    Yeah there are a ton of options out there. Some of the products I've tried: N914 (went through a gallon), Adam's, Ech2O, Absolute, ADG Wipeout, ADG Fuzion, Wolfgang, Wolfgang SiO2.

I will keep chasing that rinseless dragon, but ONR/Feynlab are still the kings, IMO of course.
    Colin Lang
    @DimensionalShine <- My Detailing IG Page

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah there are a ton of options out there. Some of the products I've tried: N914 (went through a gallon), Adam's, Ech2O, Absolute, ADG Wipeout, ADG Fuzion, Wolfgang, Wolfgang SiO2.

I will keep chasing that rinseless dragon, but ONR/Feynlab are still the kings, IMO of course.
    Sounds like me with M205. It still is and always has been my favorite polish.

10. Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Sounds like me with M205. It still is and always has been my favorite polish.
    After spending so much time trying to find the perfect product, it's funny to fall back to the good old original that does exactly what you want it to.
    Colin Lang
    @DimensionalShine <- My Detailing IG Page

12. Likes Eldorado2k, dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    But heck if they really want to buy it, then sell it to them. For example just look at iron removers.
    Not to derail this thread, but do you feel that iron removers are unnecessary and dare I say “snake oil?”
    ​Al Schmidt
    "Adventure, is a car called Riviera..."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerRivFan View Post
    Not to derail this thread, but do you feel that iron removers are unnecessary and dare I say “snake oil?”
    Not snake oil, but clay certainly does what an iron remover can do and more. All through the 90’s-2000’s people seemed to get by just fine without needing iron removers.

I think people get hyped over color changing and they’re banking on it by the gallon nowadays. It ain’t cheap either.

15. Likes PaulMys, dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the rise on iron removers has most to do with the rise of coatings? My understanding is that clay degrades/abrades coatings where iron removers do much the same without damaging the coating.

17. Likes dlc95 liked this post
Page 2 of 71 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast